hello from Missouri

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
hello from nw missouri home of the pony express a garrett ace 250 or 350 is a good machine or a new whites coin master i use a dfx 300 with 12 inch coil and a gack up coil it ean me around 1,200 the first 3 should run you around the 300 dollar range but that is with other goodies with them and what part of mo are u from ole poosum

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Frank , and as to the detector ? Well I would say buy the best one you can afford if you think you are going to stay with this hobby, and most do as it is very fun .

The type ? That is something that you are going to have to search out . Go to the sites and read about all the types there are and what they will do.
Also in this site there is a page with all or most of the brands out , read what is in there and ask questions.
There is no perfect machine to detect with but they for the most part work well.

Right now the E-Trac by Minelab is one of the hottest ones out , and the V3I by Whites .
Quite a few are buying the Garrett AT Pro , that machine is water proof to ten feet and people are getting a lot of great finds with that one also.
I like the Minelab X-Terra 705 as it is a Coin / Relic , and Gold machine . You need to read up on it .

So as you see their are good machines out by many companies that would work well for you . Just have to see what you want.

And in the classifieds here on this site , many users have some very good used machines for sale , if you would want to go that route.

Have fun with what every you buy that is the main thing.

HH

OP
OP
F

FrankWindsor

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for all of the great advice. Since I live at the birthplace of the pony express I expect to have many great finds.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Frank