Hello from Oklahoma

MDarena

Sep 15, 2011
Yukon, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
none yet. looking
Hi, my name is Mike
:help:
I'm new at this and would like some help on finding a MD for $ 100 or less. I'm just starting out and feel that if it's under 100 and I find that this is not for me ( which I think I'm going to love this), I'm not out a bunch of $$$... There are so many Metal Detector's out there and all do different things. I found some that might work , but need advise... These are just 2 that I found.... :dontknow:

Famous Trails Discovery
Features 3 distinctive alerts for different type of metal
Ferrous/Nonferrous discriminator distinguishes iron/steel from silver/gold.
1-Touch auto tune and very low frequency design for accurate detection
Ground control tunes out false signals in areas with profuse minerals.
View meter and pointer with ferrous and nonferrous indicator lights
Front mounted 1/8" headphone jack

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
8" Interchangeable, waterproof search coil
3-Position mode switch
Dual tone discrimination
Power and sensitivity control
Discrimination control
Detects coin-sized objects up to 7" deep and larger objects up to 3'
Headphone jack

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't get real technical on my first one. A good place to check is pawn shops, particularly the ones in Lawton, OK. Lots of soldiers and others bought detectors in hopes of findin the cave with the iron door or gold or whatever in the Wichitas. I had had cheap Otasco detectors before, but I bought a White's CoinMaster for 95 bucks down on Sheridan Blvd. Volume and discrimination, nothin else. I learned to recognize the tones, and honestly, that rascal paid for itself 10 times over in a couple of years. Still got it. I upgraded to the DFX when I decided I was rich. More bells and whistles, and a little slower in payin for herself. Still if it's there, it'll find it. You just gotta know how to interpret the signals. This post is not intended to endorse a particular brand, unless they wanna pay me. (History lesson: OTASCO--Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company. Cool kinda hardware store in Oklahoma. I don't believe they're in business no more.)

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike: You might consider giving the general area or county you live in. Someone may have a backup/loaner they would let you play with.
OTASCO was a wonder store. Anything you needed for your bike or car.

OP
OP
MDarena

MDarena

Sep 15, 2011
Yukon, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
none yet. looking
Thank you all for the replies.
I also found there are several stores which do not deal directly with metal detectors , but sell them. for example:
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Metal Detector 16614 was found at Buy.com ,TigerDirect.com, Newegg.com. They all have the MFG's warranty, so does anyone have opinions or have bought anything from them ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread