What's new

Hello from Overkill

Overkill Overkill

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
76
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone! I am still here.

I was down in FL recently for a funeral and hunted the shallow, shallow water of Indian Rocks Beach and found a whole bunch of jack squat.

Today I was at a Scuba store checking out prices. It seems to me that lots of the good stuff is in 5'-14' of water or so.
 
Upvote 0
yea but not too many people swim in 14' of water. 5'yes unless its on a slope and things roll downhill.and you aint goin after wrecks
 
lot of the stuff is wet sand to over my head, but you never know when you're going to hit a target. This isn't like fishing where you know the tides are going to eventually bring the fish to you. This can only be summed up as being lucky, lucky enough to swing an 8" coil over a 1" piece of gold/silver/platinum or anything valuable somewhere under the top of the sand, or even on top of it.

You can cut the search time down, but you can't say, "well people were there, I'm going to get some gold". There are too many variables.

Anyway, good luck on your future hunts.
 
Unless you're wreck diving, stay shallow. That's where the swimmers stay and that's where they lose their jewelry.
 
Glad you got in the water and tried you hand at it. It just comes down to sweeping the coil near the sand either in the water or wet sand and luck to get the coil over a lost item. It is about the fun as there are harder ways to make money.
 
Sandman is on ,I just got done slinging drinks for 10 hours,I just may head up to Treasure Coast,,got the next 3 days off :coffee2:
 
You can do whatever you like, but I have been finding very little trash or goodies... I am hoping for a lil sand to be stirred. It
s like the lottery, if you could just figure the odds for swing a coil over a lil target over a BIG area...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom