MrMikeJackie
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Nov 3, 2013
- Messages
- 1,771
- Reaction score
- 2,258
- Golden Thread
- 2
- Location
- Long Island
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 2
- Detector(s) used
- CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
Went over to my buddy's shop today(whites dealer) to have lunch. After some time I noticed he has a detector sitting in the corner. I said what's up with that thing? He tells me a customer wanted to trade it in toward a newer detector but couldn't get it to work, says to hang it up on the wall with the other oldies since it's not working.
I asked what was wrong and he says it turns on but no display and sound. I tell him how much for it, I could use it for parts. Tells me $200 so I bought it.
I bring the machine over to the window and turn it on. I can barely read the menu. Press the menu button and bring up the display option. The contrast was at its lowest, 1 problem fixed. Now that I have a "working" screen I navigate to the volume menu and crank her up, problem 2 fixed.
I just purchased a perfectly functioning closet queen Mibelab Explorer XS for $200. My dealer buddy says I got a great deal, lol.
I asked what was wrong and he says it turns on but no display and sound. I tell him how much for it, I could use it for parts. Tells me $200 so I bought it.
I bring the machine over to the window and turn it on. I can barely read the menu. Press the menu button and bring up the display option. The contrast was at its lowest, 1 problem fixed. Now that I have a "working" screen I navigate to the volume menu and crank her up, problem 2 fixed.
I just purchased a perfectly functioning closet queen Mibelab Explorer XS for $200. My dealer buddy says I got a great deal, lol.
Last edited:








