What's new

Help! Anyone know bow old this axe head is???

ATwardo223

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE PRO
GARRETT AT PRO,
GARRETT ACE 350,
TESORO Eldorado,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone! I found this old axe head while detecting and it looks really old... Any idea on how old it is and how to clean it up? Any help would be appreciated... Found it with the atpro!
 

Attachments

  • image-2302826805.webp
    image-2302826805.webp
    104 KB · Views: 194
  • image-2158718831.webp
    image-2158718831.webp
    106.4 KB · Views: 197
  • image-3816515730.webp
    image-3816515730.webp
    81.7 KB · Views: 183
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Until someone pipes in - my search indicated that it may be a Broad Axe used in the process of making beams.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 167
That's a oldie you got there. I believe it's known as a "Rockaway" Broad Axe.
 
I'm thinking 1800's maybe?
 
looks like a civil war battle axe. nice find
 
I found a similar ax head last month on the family farm.
What is said here fits my situation. Timbers in house and barn were hand made.
Property dates back to end of civil war
I am interested in value, and if it should be cleaned.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom