What's new

Help date this button

njdetector

Greenie
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
16
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Ridabock and Co. New York general service button. Is anyone able to date it? IMG_1399 crop.webpIMG_1403 crop.webp
 
Upvote 10
It has the look of a late 1800s button but I don't have the Alberts book so I can't be sure. The back mark will allow someone to ID it properly for you. Nice find.
 
Many CW guys on here who can give you a more definite answer, but the backmark puts it at 1883 or later, and the style puts it at 1902 or earlier, I believe. They might correct me on this, though. Not my forte.
 
They were in business 1883 to 1975.
 
That button is considered an Indian wars button. Post civil war but before 1904.
 
Nice button. Thanks for sharing.
 
I found one like that in a street tear out the other day, but mine has a dent in the middle. awesome find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom