Kevo_DFX
Hero Member
- Joined
- Sep 5, 2008
- Messages
- 567
- Reaction score
- 135
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Greensburg, PA
- Detector(s) used
- DFX
Hi all,
I'm going through some of last year's bits and bobs, trying to abate my desire to go 'tectin until the snow melts. I came across two brass plates I was never able to attribute. The are identical, thin stamped brass and measure 1 inch tall by three inches wide. There are no holes for attaching them to anything, though I suppose they could have been glued to something. On each one is stamped the following:
N.A.E.B.CO.LTD.
CRABTREE STA.
Crabtree Station is the original name of a small town in Westmoreland County, PA, near where I live. It is now just called "Crabtree." It was a railroad stop and a coal mining town.
I know the CO and LTD stand for Company and Limited.
The "N.A." could stand for New Alexandria, which is a town very close to Crabtree. Note, I do NOT know if that is what the NA stands for, it is just a possibility.
So, I was hoping one of you wonderful Web-Searchers could help me figure out what the "N.A.E.B" stands for. I have searched for a couple hours and cannot find anything, but I know some of you are much better at crawling around the internet.
Thanks in advance,
Kevo
I'm going through some of last year's bits and bobs, trying to abate my desire to go 'tectin until the snow melts. I came across two brass plates I was never able to attribute. The are identical, thin stamped brass and measure 1 inch tall by three inches wide. There are no holes for attaching them to anything, though I suppose they could have been glued to something. On each one is stamped the following:
N.A.E.B.CO.LTD.
CRABTREE STA.
Crabtree Station is the original name of a small town in Westmoreland County, PA, near where I live. It is now just called "Crabtree." It was a railroad stop and a coal mining town.
I know the CO and LTD stand for Company and Limited.
The "N.A." could stand for New Alexandria, which is a town very close to Crabtree. Note, I do NOT know if that is what the NA stands for, it is just a possibility.
So, I was hoping one of you wonderful Web-Searchers could help me figure out what the "N.A.E.B" stands for. I have searched for a couple hours and cannot find anything, but I know some of you are much better at crawling around the internet.
Thanks in advance,
Kevo









