Help for newbie

nt11

Mar 25, 2024
Hello everyone!
I need help and advise of experienced member. We are living in really old house and there always been rumors from our elder neigbours that there is a gold treasure under the house.
So my brother invited some guys with detectors(not sure which detectors they were using). After some work the guys said that there is probably there is kind of room burried underground (approximately under 8 meters) and there is a big treasure.
My question for forum members, is it possible to detect treasure under 8m of soil (soil mixed with pebels and rocks) ?
Is there any way to estimate the dept of treasure?
What is advised tool to buy which could help us?
Thank you in advance!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not likely anyone's detecting 26' deep under a house, you'd be picking up nails in the floor above your head at just a few feet away.
the tool to use would be a shovel , they can dig a treasure or if not careful your grave.
my advice is to forget about it.

ihatethese

Jan 15, 2024
Wasilla, Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What you are looking for is Ground Penetrating Radar, or GPRS.
Gprs will Penetrate as a reliable rule of thumb of 2-10 feet based on ground material. However can achieve depths of 100feet.
They are expensive, and usually require professionals to operate. You might try to hire a contractor who specializes in this, as unless you plan to use it comercialy it'll probably be way cheaper. Maybe you'll learn some good information.

ihatethese

Jan 15, 2024
Wasilla, Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have the guys that think there’s a treasure there start digging for 50%!
"Hey, under that house you just bought I think there's treasure buried... can I dig under your foundation?"
Sounds like maybe he outbid them on the house and their convincing him to destroy the house... idk maybe I'm just paranoid

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my brother invited some guys with detectors(not sure which detectors they were using). After some work the guys said that there is probably there is kind of room burried underground (approximately under 8 meters) and there is a big treasure.
My question for forum members, is it possible to detect treasure under 8m of soil (soil mixed with pebels and rocks) ?
It is very unlikely, to the point of being pretty much impossible, that your "guys with detectors" detected anything under your house. It doesn't matter if it was two feet or two meters, most consumer level metal detectors won't see that deep out in the middle of a field much less under the floor of a house. Most likely if they detected anything at all reliable, it was nails, wiring, plumbing, or other features of the house itself. They might detect some metal if it was directly beneath the floorboards, but that would be about it.

Is there any way to estimate the dept of treasure?
What is advised tool to buy which could help us?
As others have suggested, hire someone with ground penetrating radar if you're curious. Otherwise, I would suggest you research where these old neighbors get their information before spending money chasing the buried treasure. If you can't come up with compelling evidence that the "rumors" are true, don't bother picking up a shovel.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of floor was in the house, was it concrete foundation or raised floor. There is a lot of electrical interference in a house and a lot of iron, I HIGHLY doubt they detected a treasure and they did not detect 20' feet deep unless there is a train engine or car buried under the house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread