What's new

HELP- Horse concho, button or what? oh yeah, a headless turkey

txpathfinder

Full Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
147
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Pulled this out of the ground in a circa 1910 to present home's front yard. It's about the size of a U.S. quarter.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-003S.webp
    MVC-003S.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 361
  • MVC-004S.webp
    MVC-004S.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 333
  • MVC-006S.webp
    MVC-006S.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 311
Re: Button, military, "I" bolt and headless turkey

The Nut is from a Split bolt electrical connector, the split can run from about 1/8" to about 1 1/2 or better. Copper or brass, Most of the new ones are cadmium plated to stop corrosion. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 6935431.webp
    6935431.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0
Re: Button, military, "I" bolt and headless turkey

Arid-Zone-A-seeker said:
The Nut is from a Split bolt electrical connector, the split can run from about 1/8" to about 1 1/2 or better. Copper or brass, Most of the new ones are cadmium plated to stop corrosion. :thumbsup:
I agree its the nut from a brass wire split bolt connector.
 

Attachments

  • connector wire split bolt.webp
    connector wire split bolt.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 310
  • connector wire split bolt.webp
    connector wire split bolt.webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • wings collar disc.webp
    wings collar disc.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 349
  • wings collar disc.webp
    wings collar disc.webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0
Re: Button and headless turkey

Thanks for all the responses! Will any button person help with evaluating the button thing.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button, military, "I" bolt and headless turkey

You realize there is nothing for size comparison in most of the pics.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button, military, "I" bolt and headless turkey

bigcypresshunter said:
You realize there is nothing for size comparison in most of the pics.

Yea, I was looking for a shiny penny for size comparison but only had dug ones in the room. So that is one of my quirks- I didn't want to put a dirty penny in the picture. Anyway , the button is quarter size
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button, military, "I" bolt and headless turkey

txpathfinder said:
bigcypresshunter said:
You realize there is nothing for size comparison in most of the pics.

Yea, I was looking for a shiny penny for size comparison but only had dug ones in the room. So that is one of my quirks- I didn't want to put a dirty penny in the picture. Anyway , the button is quarter size
Old coins are better. ;D Im thinking horse concho.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Horse concho, button or what? oh yeah, a headless turkey

I modified my listing and just need 1 more thing identified > Bump~!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom