What's new

HELP!... I am addicted to this site...

search and recovery

Hero Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
941
Reaction score
167
Golden Thread
0
Location
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I think I have gotten treasure fever. Is there a cure? :dontknow:...I just bought a Whites dual frequency machine last month. Went to the beach twice. Found two rings, one of which was junk stainless the other my honerable mention (picture by my name), and yesterday I ordered a Teknetics G2 for finding gold in the dry sand. So much for all the overtime I worked this month just to afford it. I am falling in love with beach hunting. Have I lost my mind? Have any of you gone through this? Is there a cure? Oh man, this is fun! By the way have any of you used the G2 on the dry sand? Thanks for taking the time to listen to a crazy man, and this site just adds fuel to the fire like you wouldn't believe!
 
Upvote 0
Addicted..... hummm I have been doing this every spare second for 29 years and 4 months and...
1 husband
4 boyfriends
but I wouldn't call it an addiction, I think it, or me is getting better,
just surround yourself with people who don't mind sand in the bed.
good luck
 
I LOVE this thread! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:
 
I wouldn't call it and addiction, More of like a compultion to dig holes at the beach and find money and jewelery :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:.
Nothing wrong with that... Right. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
____________THE PHARMACEUTICAL MAFIA IS RIGHT BEHIND YOU DESIGNING A NEW PILL _____
[/img]
 

Attachments

  • 0adbd250fca08246fde97010_L.webp
    0adbd250fca08246fde97010_L.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 321
  • plutocrat.gif
    plutocrat.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 310
Treasure_Hunter said:
You know your addicted when the first thing you look at on a pretty lady in a bikini at the beach is her hands to see if she has any jewelry on or when you start following someone in the water with nice jewelry on in hopes it will fall off........

I admit it... I'm addicted. Another way you can tell if you are addicted is:

You know you're an addict when you hit refresh on the Beach & Shallow Water forum about 10 times per minute to see if anyone has posted something new. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
It's addictive , my closet is full of detectors . These forums are addictive too. But I can't think of a better addiction .You never know what you'll find , and you'll make same great new friends.
 
You know your an addict when the grocery scanner beeps and you say " That's a solid quarter".
 
This site gets me through those long periods of time when I can't hunt due to work. I just read the post with my mouth watering. Also great for meeting fellow hunters . I have meet and hunted with a lot of awesome people in 3 different countries through Tnet. :icon_thumright:
 
Thanks again everybody for all the great responses. A lot of great laughs and a lot of sincere answers to how addictive this "HOBBY" is...Stuart
 
You know you are addicted when you go into a courthouse and want to talk about the scanner the officer is using - I actually did this. :-\


If I am an wrong to want to detect all the time, then I don't want to be right........................................ :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Dictionary.com on "addiction"


ad·dic·tion   /əˈdɪkʃən/ Show Spelled
[uh-dik-shuhn]

–noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma
.


Yep, stopping would cause trauma - I confess, I'm addicted to md-ing


Beth
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom