What's new

Help! i can't post pictures on any thread!

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
2,221
Reaction score
5,392
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus2, NOX 900, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure whats happened but i am no longer able to post pictures. Here is whats happening, I click on the upload icon in the tool bar, then select computer then select my pictures to be uploaded then select upload. The progress bar goes very fast and then stops just short of ending. Nothing happens after that. No other pictures can be selected and i am stuck in a wait mode.

Any ideas on what has happened? i have been posting pictures for a few years now and nothing on my side of the net has changed.
 
Are you on pc or smart phone, if pc reboot, if that doesn't fix it clear your cookies reboot then try.
 
Are you on pc or smart phone, if pc reboot, if that doesn't fix it clear your cookies reboot then try.

I am on a pc and have tried rebooting with no results. I will try clearing my cookies and rebooting as well. Be back in a few min thanks
 
No luck, Its still doing the same thing. This is the first time this has happened. Any other ideas?
 
No luck, Its still doing the same thing. This is the first time this has happened. Any other ideas?

I've been having the same problem here & only here ,On & off for the last week.With no rhyme or reason.
And yes on my PC,have rebooted,& dumped cookies.
 
I remember this happening to a select few a while ago but i was not affected. I wonder if some changes have been done to T-net over the past several days?
 
I also did a system restore going back to a couple weeks ago and i am still having the same issue. I don't think my computer is the problem.
 
RTR Good to know i am not going crazy.
 
Test picture post...
 

Attachments

  • Beach Hill Inn.webp
    Beach Hill Inn.webp
    62.6 KB · Views: 144
metal_detector.gif
This was a solution a while back with the same problem...

Thanks! I changed from PNG to JPEG and it lowered the file size and it worked. I don't know why the files were so large to begin with, though.

For now - save this picture (below) and try uploading it.

test.webp
 
Its not working. Still doing the same thing. Uploads then stops short of fully complete
 

Attachments

  • test.webp
    test.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 136
Its not working. Still doing the same thing. Uploads then stops short of fully complete
confused.gif
I am confused - I can see it uploaded (see below)? Maybe your picture is toooooooooo large?

Untitled.webp

​
 
no that is the picture from the reply
 

Attachments

  • test.webp
    test.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 139
The pictures are not big..only 155 kbs
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender_3.webp
    FullSizeRender_3.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 137
ok very interesting...looks like i can post one picture at a time now but i can't do multiple like i used to

the upload locks up and its posted after i hit the submit
 
Yep something wrong with the website. I should be able to type a few lines, add a picture then type a few more lines and add more pictures and so on. the problem is, the upload hangs up and i am forced to submit what i have and then go back and edit in advanced mode
 
How long between typing and up loading pictures, you may be timing out?
 
How long between typing and up loading pictures, you may be timing out?

less than a min. I normally type in word then copy and paste for a faster post.

the post i just made in todays finds should have taken me about 3 or 4 min tops but instead took me over an hour
 
Here are some pictures of what is happening. Notice when i get to the end i have to hit the x at the top right because it fails to load completely
Click the icon
IMG_2888.webp
Select the file
IMG_2889.webp
Click on picture

IMG_2890.webp
Select open
IMG_2891.webp
Click on upload file

IMG_2892.webp
Notice my curser..it stops shy of fully uploading...the bottom bar is fully loaded
IMG_2894.webp

I am stuck here...all i can do now is hit the x.
IMG_2895.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2893.webp
    IMG_2893.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom