What's new

Help I.D.ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

tokenhead

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
848
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
Location
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

:icon_thumright:,Hello everybody !!! A good freind of mine found this pin and asked if i could help w/I.D. i did a qick search&came up w/nutta,Having many other side projects the :sign13: went off...TN !!! that is where i'll fid out what it is! So here it is,approx.size of us quarter(tad smaller),Typical screw-back,w/prong...But the letters&word SOLIDARITAT bring to mind either political or union but searchs in thos areas came up short(still havn't found my hakes political books),i've checked recent HAKES/GEPPI auctions(199&back),To me TN has the quickest,smartest,kindness,etc.So any help on this pin will be greatly appreciated! Thank's&HH ALL!!! :read2:, :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • Picture 2748.webp
    Picture 2748.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Picture 2749.webp
    Picture 2749.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 295
Re: Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

The Workmen’s Sick and Death Benefit Fund of the United States of America (W.S. & D.B.F.) was organized on October 19, 1884. It still exists as the Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the USA. The founders of the W.S. & D.B.F. were craftsmen of all trades who emigrated to the U.S. and organized a mutual aid organization that would provide financial help for the sick, unemployed, or anyone in need of assistance.
 

Attachments

  • 1920s WSDBF Workmens Sickness & Death Benefit Fund PIN.webp
    1920s WSDBF Workmens Sickness & Death Benefit Fund PIN.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

Montauk said:
The Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the United States of America was organized on
October 19, 1884 as the Workmen’s Sick and Death Benefit Fund of the United States of
America. W.S. & D.B.F. It still exists as the Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the USA. The founders of the W.S. & D.B.F. were craftsmen of all trades who emigrated to America and organized a mutual aid organization that would provide financial help for the sick, unemployed, or anyone in need of assistance.
:notworthy:,Thank you Montauk !,I told my buddy in 24hrs.or less i'd have a SOLID answer for him through TN...HH ALL !
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

Excellent ID Montauk. HH
Doc
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

Kudos, Montauk!!
Addiing further, the name change from that on the pin to the 'WBF of the USA' occured in 1939; so your pin predates 1940.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

tokenhead said:
Montauk said:
The Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the United States of America was organized on
October 19, 1884 as the Workmen’s Sick and Death Benefit Fund of the United States of
America. W.S. & D.B.F. It still exists as the Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the USA. The founders of the W.S. & D.B.F. were craftsmen of all trades who emigrated to America and organized a mutual aid organization that would provide financial help for the sick, unemployed, or anyone in need of assistance.
:notworthy:,Thank you Montauk !,I told my buddy in 24hrs.or less i'd have a SOLID answer for him through TN...HH ALL !

24 hours? I kid you not, I once posted something, (a Sarah Bernhardt sash buckle, I believe), and by the time I had finished typing a comment on someone else's post, it was identified, and a duplicate photo displayed. And then there was the gun barrel. And the buttons. Etc., etc. Small, tiny fragments of genius are combined here at this site. Scary knowledge is known here.
Carl
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help I.D.'ing Enamled Lapel Pin...

CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
tokenhead said:
Montauk said:
The Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the United States of America was organized on
October 19, 1884 as the Workmen’s Sick and Death Benefit Fund of the United States of
America. W.S. & D.B.F. It still exists as the Workmen’s Benefit Fund of the USA. The founders of the W.S. & D.B.F. were craftsmen of all trades who emigrated to America and organized a mutual aid organization that would provide financial help for the sick, unemployed, or anyone in need of assistance.
:notworthy:,Thank you Montauk !,I told my buddy in 24hrs.or less i'd have a SOLID answer for him through TN...HH ALL !

24 hours? I kid you not, I once posted something, (a Sarah Bernhardt sash buckle, I believe), and by the time I had finished typing a comment on someone else's post, it was identified, and a duplicate photo displayed. And then there was the gun barrel. And the buttons. Etc., etc. Small, tiny fragments of genius are combined here at this site. Scary knowledge is known here.
Carl
This is why i LOVE TN !...I have had answers within minutes of posting! HH ALL !!! :read2:, :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom