HELP!!! I Have this Cast Iron Brass Cannon..........

EZTX

Apr 15, 2012
Huntsville, TX
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need help figuring out what this cannon is used for. I bought it at a auction in TX. The description said it was a race starter, but when I researched online I found that it could also be used as ship signaler????? Anyways it is pretty heavy I'd say around 20-25 pounds. It is 17.5 inches from front of cannon to the back. It is about 7 inches tall. I can't find any markings as to who manufactured it. The cannon rises and lowers and there is a little circular hole (about the size of a nail head) that looks like you might put a fuse or something there. Anyways please help me figure this out I've attached pictures. THANKS!!!

cast iron brass cannon 160.jpg
Image8.jpg
Image9.jpg

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did some research on the net and found lots of firing miniature cannons. Some fired black power; others gas. The price range was all over the board depending on the size and materials. I also saw a gross pic of someone's severed finger, so be careful if you decide to shoot it. Neat item, Breezie

Upvote 0

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to add.............but to say it's a signal cannon.I use to have one myself a few years ago.I always enjoyed loading it up & making some noise.:laughing7: The one I had shot a 69cal ball of lead.:hello2:
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:
These two sold for $600 17inches long & 7 1/2inches tall.

Attachments

• 020733[1].jpg
    020733[1].jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,100
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread