What's new

Help ID beads and point?

kray

Full Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
228
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_5517.webpIMG_5519.webpIMG_5520.webpHi. I'm hoping someone can help me ID these beads and point. A friend of mine found them in the same hole while going after a metal target. We're in SW Conn. about a couple miles from the ocean. An archie friend of mine was concerned about the shinyness and suggested they may have been sand polished.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
looks like coral bead I've seen this red coral color before very distinct . Very nice find the point in pic i have no idea thanks interesting.
 
My guess would be beach found coral fragments worked by a native. Coral is pretty soft, and could be buffed out like that fairly easily. Examine the holes. Are they perfectly uniform, and all the same size? Or hand drilled? If they are native, they traded their way north , I don't think red coral lives in Virginia. Very cool finds.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Kray (my forum name too!). I'll check the holes.
{Not sure about the Virginia comment. I'm not there anymore.}
 
Wow, very strange. I've never seen anything like those beads before from CT. The old point is more consistent with CT finds.
HH
dts
 
I cleaned them a bit and now see small holes in the middle of them. Is this normal?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5720.webp
    IMG_5720.webp
    174.5 KB · Views: 91
I really dont know beads but if I had found them I would think more modern. Pretty though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom