What's new

Help IDing A Bone

KaliCo

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what kind of bone this is? I've never seen one with ridges inside, like this. It was found near the front range outside of Denver, Colorado. Thank you!! IMG_7657.webpIMG_7658.webp
 
Maybe a piece of antler
 
Upvote 0
Im thinking that also hmmm
 
Upvote 0
Welcome also from MI
 
Upvote 0
Antlers are not hollow. Antelope horn, maybe.

antelope.jpg
 
Upvote 0
I'm with Charlie on this one.
 
Upvote 0
Huh, I’m going with the crowd on this
 
Upvote 0
Depending on age, species and particular body part, it could definitely be a bone. All kinds of bones from all kinds of species, can, and do have pattern marks. It also depends on any disease process of the particular species it came from. It's really interesting! My only question is - what bone of what creature splits into 2 bones like a tree branch? bone 2.webpbone 1.webpbone 3.webpbone 4.webp
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom