Help me help my grandfather

TravisR

Sep 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! My grandfather has been into ?hunting? as long as I can remember. He recently had a pretty big uh-oh snagged the cable out of his Tesoro coil. I?m fairly handy with electronic repair so he asked me to try and reattach it. To my dismay it?s a waterproof coil so I can?t find any way to solder the leads back in. I?m hoping you guys can point me in the right direction of what a solid replacement is. It?s a four pin connector. This is the model number from the one he already has C38DE407-2E02-4ABF-8CC0-C8C42129D8FF.jpeg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet.

Picture is not clear, impossible to read. What model of Tesoro is it and what are the dimensions of coil?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334062720329

looks like a standard concentric 9x8 coil that comes with a Tesoro, not the DD coils.

Above is link to one off ebay that sold previously, things are getting harder to find. But I'd think a stock coil should pop up again on ebay.

And then there are new aftermarket coils, ....$$$

OP
OP
T

TravisR

Sep 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334062720329

looks like a standard concentric 9x8 coil that comes with a Tesoro, not the DD coils.

Above is link to one off ebay that sold previously, things are getting harder to find. But I'd think a stock coil should pop up again on ebay.

And then there are new aftermarket coils, ....$$$

You are correct. It?s a 9x8. I?ll keep my eye on eBay, what would be a comparable replacement aftermarket. I don?t mind dropping a fair amount.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct. It?s a 9x8. I?ll keep my eye on eBay, what would be a comparable replacement aftermarket. I don?t mind dropping a fair amount.

Look for Tesoro coil, it will pop up.

OP
OP
T

TravisR

Sep 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about that. The Sticker on the top says c33648. I believe it’s a 9x8 as @steve1357 posted one that looks just like it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supporting Vendors

Try the supporting vendors here, Cors makes aftermarket coils for the Tesoro looking at their website, buying it from a supporting vendor should ensure you don't have a bad experience on ebay....(I have)

Kalvin

Greenie
Jul 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! My grandfather has been into ?hunting? as long as I can remember. He recently had a pretty big uh-oh snagged the cable out of his Tesoro coil. I?m fairly handy with electronic repair so he asked me to try and reattach it. To my dismay it?s a waterproof coil so I can?t find any way to solder the leads back in. I?m hoping you guys can point me in the right direction of what a solid replacement is. It?s a four pin connector. This is the model number from the one he already has View attachment 1947745

Travis, Not exactly what you are looking for but it is a Tesoro 4 pin coil. $200 Canadian. I found this online and it's not what I was looking for. I need 5 pin.

18" Bigfoot or is it Cleansweep?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...4?ref=product_details&referral_code=undefined

best regards,

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II ÎĽMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro called the 4 pin coils the Delta series, if I’m not mistaken. Those are what you want for Cibola, Vaquero or Tejon. If you have a 4 pin coil, that’s what you need to replace it with. Luckily they’re fairly common, made from about 2003 on, I think. The one pictured is the standard 9x8 concentric, a very good coil. I would want to replace it with either the same, or the 5-3/4” concentric (also 4 pin), depending on which detector and where it’s used.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you are able to get it to work and have your grandfather back in business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread