What's new

Help Me ID These Foreign Coins Or I Will Kick My Dog - Hard!

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
*thread title is a joke designed to illicit more page views and assistance*

Bought out a collection of foreign coins yesterday. I have went through them and culled out all the silver ones. I think these three coins may be silver as well, but they are badly worn and I cannot ID them. I am fairly sure they are from the 1800's.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Skinny Silver Man

foreign2.jpg


foreign1.jpg
 
OK, after a quick eBay search, I think they may be British. My Krause World Coin Book only covers from 1901-2008. I really need a 1801-1900 version. I have them all in ebook .pdf form but I hate using them. I find them much more cumbersome than an actual REAL book made from dead trees.

I think these are 1 shilling and 2 sixpence?
 
Upvote 0
What dog is it?
 
Upvote 0
:read2:

First two are George 111 Bull head Shillings, or Sixpences (depending on size) the outher one is a George 1V Shilling :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

First two are George 111 Bull head Shillings, or Sixpences (depending on size) the outher one is a William 1V Shilling :thumbsup:

SS

Thank you.

"Bull Head" is right. That was the first thing I noticed about those two coins. Big ol' noggin on that fella.
 
Upvote 0
High Plains Digger said:
I'll bet the dog is really, really glad the British are coming, or came to help, anyway.

I knew I could count on the critter lovin' Brits to come through in the clutch. I'm afraid to kick my dog. She looks pretty mean. Besides, Hunter S. Thompson claimed "Only a punk slaps his woman and kicks his dog".... I agree......
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom