What's new

Help need a recommendation for a good book for coin errors

A2coins

Ruby Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2015
Messages
33,867
Reaction score
42,646
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ann Arbor
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone suggest a good book to get to learn what coin errors to look for, and Bills Thanks in advance Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Cherrypickers Guide to Rare Die Varieties - 6th Edition - Readily available at bookstores/Amazon/online stores

There are numerous sites that specialize in specific denominations. For example if you are interested in Cents, then the Lincoln Cent Resource is a great resource. If you want to know about Ike dollars, then the Ikegroup.info is the best. You will have to google around to find the specific resource for the denomination that you are interested in.
When it comes to errors only, then you would best be served by going to the source at CONECA
 
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it very much. Tommy
 
Another great FREE resource has become the PCGS website. I enjoy collecting early copper and PCGS has a great user friendly catalog for reference. They dont have all error and varieties listed but many of the more common ones are accounted for and an amazing amount of detail is provided. I have listed an example link below for an 1851/81 which I happened to have pulled up as I found one of these at a coin show over the weekend. :)

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1851-81-1c-bn/1895
 
Thanks for the information I really appreciate it Tommy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom