What's new

Need recommendations on THC for pain management

Puff the Tragic Wagon

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2021
Messages
539
Reaction score
1,242
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have recently had a climbing accident and busted my right knee up pretty bad. Unfortunately I was just advised I’ll need a joint replacement.

I’ve refused the opiates, so the pain specialist has recommended a topical 3000mg CBD, 1000mg THC gel or balm and a “pain only” 😆 THC-CBD gummy or chew. I don’t smoke or vape so not interested in those.

Would like to hear from other members of the forum with similar injuries or surgery and what brands/products you used and would recommend. Also would appreciate any additional advice from your experience with this type of surgery.

Thanks in advance 👍
 
My wife had a slip and fall a few years ago and suffered a torn meniscus. She tried some CBD oil roll-on and also some CBD gummy peach rings. They weren't particularly strong, as they were perhaps 25mg each and the store recommended only using a half of one at a time. They did provide some relief, although it was somewhat slight and only temporary. I tried them for my back pain and as with her, it was somewhat slight relief. I would compare them to perhaps taking an Aleeve. Seems that the peach rings also worked fairly well as a sleep aid.
 
My wife had a slip and fall a few years ago and suffered a torn meniscus. She tried some CBD oil roll-on and also some CBD gummy peach rings. They weren't particularly strong, as they were perhaps 25mg each and the store recommended only using a half of one at a time. They did provide some relief, although it was somewhat slight and only temporary. I tried them for my back pain and as with her, it was somewhat slight relief. I would compare them to perhaps taking an Aleeve. Seems that the peach rings also worked fairly well as a sleep aid.

I think I may have looked at those peach rings, I think the brand was ‘Cornbread’? And I noticed they had only a small amount of THC, about .3%, so yes I figured the same, no better than an Advil. The gel/balm sounds like it might be a better choice for me but I’m still on the fence as I’ve no experience with them.
 
An ice machine or plenty of freezable pads. Wife had a knee replacement and she was prescribed a motion machine for the knee. Not only did it help prevent scar tissue issues it actually helped with post surgery pain. I used an ice machine for both a shoulder repair and a lumbar fusion. Cold helps deal with pain.
 
An ice machine or plenty of freezable pads. Wife had a knee replacement and she was prescribed a motion machine for the knee. Not only did it help prevent scar tissue issues it actually helped with post surgery pain. I used an ice machine for both a shoulder repair and a lumbar fusion. Cold helps deal with pain.

Thank you, great advice. 👍
I already have the ice packs and they do help some, but I hadn’t thought of the motion machine. I’m guessing that’s not going to be a good idea right now but definitely after the surgery. I’ve been eating ibuprofen 800mg like candy. We have to get the swelling down some before they’ll do the replacement and I’ve got some bone fragments floating around in there causing havoc as well. Just trying to find some relief without resorting to the opiates. Thank you for the suggestions.
 
Sorry I can't help you with branded products, as I grow/make all my own stuff. I can let you know the cbd and thc mixes are what helped me best with my knee pain. One or the other by themselves just never quite did it. The combo is the key.
 
That’s great to know, thank you. It’s pretty much what the pain specialist recommended as well, but I wanted to hear some real world experience before I wasted my time and money finding the right combination. There are too many choices and I know diddley squat about any of it. Sounds like just what I need, thank you very much!
 
My late girlfriend had fibromyalgia and was in a lot of pain most of the time. She did get some relief from CBD gummies, but it only lasted a few hours. Can't remember the brand, but they were purple and square shaped. I tried them and they gave me nasty heartburn, so I stopped taking them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom