Help! Old ring? found!

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
:wink: Hello to all...I found this very old looking "Colonial Bust" ring in the old historic downtown part of New Albany Indiana. I was using a White's XLT, and dug the ring from a solid 10+ depth...very solid packed soil too. At any rate...the ring is a very heavy man's ring..(size 7 I think) and made of silver...(I haven't cleaned the ring at all...you just "know" silver when it comes up outta the ground:) The "bust" is of a colonial man...(perhaps of political fame?) :roll: AnyHoo...I am humbly requesting any information or help with the ring, in terms of age, details, value, or any of the above. Thanks in advance for your time and help! George

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Best guess is that this is a signet ring that dates from the period when documents and envelopes were sealed with wax and the signet was impressed to show signs of tampering and spying. Could be French or English from Indiana. Period? Not sure look up signet rings and see what you learn. Regards, SS

Attachments

• IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 25

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread