What's new

Help on a ring please!

OldNBroken

Sr. Member
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
307
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this the other day at the soccer field. Can't be old and no hallmarks on it (that I can see) Is rather heavy and doesn't appear to be plated as I gouged it and it all looks to be the same soft material.

I don't know if this is writing around it, if it is I can't decipher it. Anyone have any info on this kind of ring?
Thanks, OnB
 

Attachments

  • oddring2.webp
    oddring2.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 215
  • oddring.webp
    oddring.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 203
"Lord of the Rings" souvenir.
The "writing" is supposed to be Elvish.
 
Upvote 0
Holy crap, not only are you correct, but you are also fast.
I don't know why I didn't think of that. Guess if I showed it to any of my seven kids they would have id'd it too

Thanks jay

Now I gotta figure out what it's made out of.
 
Upvote 0
I believe some were gold plated silver, so you may have a nice find there! :thumbsup:
HH! -Jay
 
Upvote 0
wow, there are a lot of different styles of these. I did find one that looks to be the same ring. They are solid 9k and 18k white gold.
The 9k weighs 6.1g and mine weighs 6.0g according to my top-o-the-line Harbor Freight scale. (actually I like this scale)
Plated silver would weigh less wouldn't it?
I really gotta get me a test kit but I'm leaning towards the 9k.
I'm no expert so I could be wrong.
 
Upvote 0
You may be right. The 2 nicks in the first picture would probably show the silver if it were plated.
And yes, there are LOTS of versions of this ring. ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom