What's new

HELP please gold link? Unknown

Infamous240z

Greenie
Joined
Sep 12, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
A few weeks ago doing my usual antique store hunts I bought A metal bin with plastic trays to hold nuts and bolts. It was full with Knick knacks and when I got It home in the top right tray was a bunch on dental gold and a earring. This was in the left side it seems extremely old and has passed the gold test but looking as to what it may have been. All help is appreciated !!!
 

Attachments

  • AAEF238D-5107-4E72-B0A4-C1183B919E5A.webp
    AAEF238D-5107-4E72-B0A4-C1183B919E5A.webp
    423.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 976663D0-8E9B-4818-927D-08701850568A.webp
    976663D0-8E9B-4818-927D-08701850568A.webp
    466.9 KB · Views: 115
There are no markings. It was with other gold i found wrapped up. I did A simple foundation test with liquid makeup foundation. I put It in white vinegar and it just cleaned it up more. It’s very strange. It does not stick to a magnet.
 
Upvote 0
are the holes in both ends the same size. Hard to tell from the angle of the picture. If not, it may be some type of handheld gauge.
 
Upvote 0
Mike I’m not sure it looks VERY close in size but one may be slightly smaller it’s bard to tell
 
Upvote 0
Here’s a couple more shots.
 

Attachments

  • 624A0E03-5C4A-4F29-8855-1278CEC10918.webp
    624A0E03-5C4A-4F29-8855-1278CEC10918.webp
    207.2 KB · Views: 106
  • A79D6075-C152-4976-AE58-CF5192CA6B7A.webp
    A79D6075-C152-4976-AE58-CF5192CA6B7A.webp
    423.3 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 0
Well, if you have the ability, I would recommend running a density test to see if it is 100% gold or not. Of course, most people don't have that ability so, beyond that, I really don't know what to recommend.
 
Upvote 0
I kow It’s gold of some sort wether it’s solid or not I’ll leave to a expert was just curious to what it once was.
 
Upvote 0
There are no markings. It was with other gold i found wrapped up. I did A simple foundation test with liquid makeup foundation. I put It in white vinegar and it just cleaned it up more. It’s very strange. It does not stick to a magnet.

? ? ?

Now that's a first.
 
Upvote 0
Brass or bronze... not gold IMO.

There is no "shortcut" test in kitchen... and if there is a youtube video doing it... bah
 
Upvote 0
I kow It’s gold of some sort wether it’s solid or not I’ll leave to a expert was just curious to what it once was.
 
Upvote 0
AARC you might be right I guess I won’t know till it’s actually tested.
 
Upvote 0
If it is gold I would think it was some sort of personal decoration over a utility item, maybe something like a chain connected on one loop and a pocket watch to the other? I may be way off base but it’s at least guess
 
Upvote 0
It reminds me of something electrical, fuse? Some of the older telephone equipment used gold plated parts.
 
Upvote 0
Someone else had mentioned a fuse to me but usually a fuse has a breaking point and this does not.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom