Help Please

Lola's Treasure's

Sep 17, 2014
Halifax, NS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT EURO ACE / Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what these are, I'm guessing the first was half of some sort of brooch maybe it has a great pattern, if you look closely there are 3 flowers on the left. It seems to me it looks like it perfectly cut in half, sadly enough the other side was no where to be found. And the second piece is about as big a a nickel, It actually turns left and right opening and closing the small holes that you can see. Any help at all would be appreciated!

Thanks

Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 9.25.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 9.24.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 9.24.47 AM.png

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Just guesses, but possibly worth investigating: The "brooch" may be half of a Victorian sash buckle, and not as broken as it seems, but what size is it?
The other item may be a perfume pendant (theres a name for these that escapes me). But you have a scent in it, and by opening or closing it allows more or less scent out.

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Those items are truly a mystery, especially the second one. I can make up a story about the first though. Looks like there are flowers, and a half of a heart. Two lovers were being separated, and they cut the item in half until they got back together. That's about as good as I can do. Welcome to TNet, there are others here that will probably be of more help than I.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lola's Treasure's

Lola's Treasure's

Sep 17, 2014
Halifax, NS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT EURO ACE / Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great guess I have looked at these sash buckles and all have some sort of pin or a way to attach them on the back and this has nothing at all or was broken clean off. I would love to guess this is what it is! As well as the perfume pendant that is very intriguing, thanks for your time!

Upvote 0

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking half of a sash buckle. Looks to the right of it that a piece could have been broke off long ago. Like the hook section broke off and the lost other half of the sash buckle would have had the slit section. The other half may have looked something like this... image-2377439013.jpg Great finds! :)
Here's another example...

image-3558189619.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with others that item #1 is half of a ladie's sash buckle. Item #2 could be the top from a powder shaker (vanity set) or the top from a pounce pot (pen& ink set).

DCMatt

Upvote 0

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was there anything made like item #2 for a gun powder flask/horn?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread