What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Help please

mjb Mike

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Messages
1,069
Reaction score
3,298
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a few things yesterday looks like military button and not sure about this bowling pin looking thing I think it’s brass found in southern Maryland thanks for any help
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1860.webp
    IMG_1860.webp
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1859.webp
    IMG_1859.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1858.webp
    IMG_1858.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1857.webp
    IMG_1857.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1856.webp
    IMG_1856.webp
    3 MB · Views: 60
Your button looks like a civil war union army Artilleryman’s button. You should check the back mark out. Should be a variation of Scovill Co. Waterbury on it. What is written and the size of the button, will help you determine age, and type of button. (Coat, cuff, vest) looks like a coat one by the size. But I’m not a military button expert.
 
Upvote 1
thanks what would be the best way to clean it?any idea on the bowling pin looking thing in the first pic?
 
Upvote 0
No idea on the “bowling pin” thing.
I found 2 very similar buttons in my first year of metal detecting. You should read that thread here👉Are these what I hope they are?
A lot of good info from cannonballguy as well as cleaning tips. You can see my before and after cleaning pictures. I would just go very gentle and a little at a time. That gold gilt on them is fragile.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom