Help w Philippines NAVCOM Navy Cufflinks

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all - I cannot seem to find anything out about this cufflink set. I found definitions of the military acronyms and they are from NAVCOM PHIL, which was one of the Navy’s command operations up through the 1980s.

Cannot find any other examples online. Any thoughts on age and whether Navy issue or not? I put them up on ebay.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1545419510.030998.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say there's probably not many around. They look very nicely made. Hopefully they'll be a couple of bidders who just gotta have them and willing to pay good money to own em. I picked up some vintage West Point cufflinks once and a lady asked if I had a buy not price, because she said her husband was a West Point grad and she really wanted to surprise him with them. I told her I was gonna stay with the auction and wished her luck. I started them at $9.95 and she did win, but it cost her $138.00 to get em. Another set of cuffs I recall I got cheap that sold well over a hundred we're some Mobile Pegasus ones. They were just gold plated and nothing really special, but a couple if bidders fought to win and I believe they sold around $145.00.

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock - that’s what I’m hoping. I wonder if there a px purchase or something or actual navy issue. I found a bunch of old photos w officers wearing cufflinks and tiebars w matching seals. But I don’t know if those were gifty/gimmicky items or actual navy.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice pieces! Good Luck on the resell! :occasion14:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock - that’s what I’m hoping. I wonder if there a px purchase or something or actual navy issue. I found a bunch of old photos w officers wearing cufflinks and tiebars w matching seals. But I don’t know if those were gifty/gimmicky items or actual navy.
I'm thinking they're not a true military issued item, but more of a special presentation or one that was privately purchased. Yeah, you never know about things like these that have a specific designation. I picked up a International-Harvester Zippo long time ago and that was back when you could see what bidders were prone to purchase from previous sales. Two guys that collected everything IH got in a bid-off and the guy in North Dakota out bid the guy in Nebraska and that beat up old Zippo sold for I think $110.00 it was.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pieces good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread