What's new

help with date ID

Chagy

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Gang,

This may be a little of topic here, but i didn't know where to post...
Anyways I was hopping some one could help me to find out the date on these 2 items....

The Coca Cola sign has a sticker on the back but its worn out I can only read the small letters at the bottom "Southern Service, Atlanta Georgia"

The United taxi cab dome or rooftop light I have not been able to find anything on it....I did find the history of United Cab Co. but their colors were dark & light blue.....I also found some information on United yellow cabs but no pictures....

Any help will be appreciated,


Chagy.....
 

Attachments

  • DSC00005.webp
    DSC00005.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC00006.webp
    DSC00006.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC00007.webp
    DSC00007.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC00010.webp
    DSC00010.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC00011.webp
    DSC00011.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 235
The Coke sign was on the top part of a display that held cases of Coca Cola. They usually sat in front of gas stations and general stores. The headquarters of Coke was in Atlanta Ga. I would guess late 40's to 50's. I don't have a clue about the cab sign. We didn't have cabs where I grew up ;D ;D ;D. Tony
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom