HavokSouls

Dec 1, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
I stopped dumping my halves at TD for the same reason. If its under $200 I will dump there but no more. I use TD now only for my dimes/pennies etc and try not to use the same branch anymore than twice in a week. For my halves I now split down the side and tape the rolls back up and rebox. I know this pisses some off on here but its my only option at this point in time. Plus if the tellers/coin service get lazy and don't unwrap and bag my dump halves, and someone else gets a my repackaged box, well atleast he/she knows its a dump box and doesnt waste any further time. IMO I would rather get a clearly dumped box, than get a repacked box where someone rerolled their dumps. That is a much bigger waste of time and energy. I picked up $200 in CWR of halves over the weekend and they were all marked/split. I wasnt happy, but atleast I didnt waste any additional time and just took them to my normal dump bank.

As for my dump bank I use that huge national bank, they have my mortgage so the chances of them ever shutting me off is next to zero.

Hey Havok, everybody does it a little diferent so, I'll give my advise/opinion, I have 18+ branches that I deal with to do my dumping (for bags and rerolling), it is more work and driving, but it keeps it low profile for me, as much as I would love to just start dumping 5-6k a week at 1 branch to cut my travel down, I feel that it would jusr bring to much attention. I'm not as much of a nusiance if I'm just leaving 2 boxes or 4 bags ( my rule, never dump more than you can carry) at 5-6 branches 1 day of the week and the next day visit another 5 and so on and so forth, plus you can search more this way.

Now the bags, I just asked one day when I was in there about bring in coins in bags and if it would be any easier for them if I did, she said that it really didn't make a diference ( dumping rerolled coins I did 1000 a dump, bags I could do 2000, this was the advantage) so I asked if I could have some bags and try it out a few times, she gave me some and I just keeped bringing my bagged dumps once a week and would ask for a few more bags every time I went in.

Also, I have a lot invested in my dump bank, and the same account for 25 years now, this helps me a lot too. Good luck, HH, Maverick.

Hey Havok, everybody does it a little diferent so, I'll give my advise/opinion, I have 18+ branches that I deal with to do my dumping (for bags and rerolling), it is more work and driving, but it keeps it low profile for me, as much as I would love to just start dumping 5-6k a week at 1 branch to cut my travel down, I feel that it would jusr bring to much attention. I'm not as much of a nusiance if I'm just leaving 2 boxes or 4 bags ( my rule, never dump more than you can carry) at 5-6 branches 1 day of the week and the next day visit another 5 and so on and so forth, plus you can search more this way.

Now the bags, I just asked one day when I was in there about bring in coins in bags and if it would be any easier for them if I did, she said that it really didn't make a diference ( dumping rerolled coins I did 1000 a dump, bags I could do 2000, this was the advantage) so I asked if I could have some bags and try it out a few times, she gave me some and I just keeped bringing my bagged dumps once a week and would ask for a few more bags every time I went in.

Also, I have a lot invested in my dump bank, and the same account for 25 years now, this helps me a lot too. Good luck, HH, Maverick.

Thanks maverick I want to be able to do bags because I won't to do around 10 boxes of nickles a week and maybe 2~3 boxes of dimes so il talk to my bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back