What's new

help with id? clam? mussel?

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
405
Golden Thread
0
I've lost the little fossil I found and used to do this sculpture. The fossil was only about 1/2 in size, but almost perfect. The scalloped edge was as wavey as the sculpture. Can anyone give me a general name, if not specific? I'm afraid the fossil might be lost in the clay somewhere, or put up for safe-keeping, which means it's lost forever. Is it a clam? a mussel? T-net did inspire this piece, and I call it "my treasure" Thanks for looking,

naturegirl
 

Attachments

  • mytreasure.webp
    mytreasure.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 234
Thanks Montana J. Mollusks, I always forget that word.

ng
 
That's it! Thank you Mr. LanceHall! I knew someone on this forum could ID it. That's it for sure, I hope I can find it. It looked like it was grinning when I found it, so I thought i'd sculpt it bigger, and it just kinda turned into what u see. Now I can tell people what it's based on, and a little about the real deal. You know you're fossils, I hope you forgive my artistic license, Thankyou!

naturegirl
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom