What's new

Help with silver hallmark

Kevo_DFX

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
567
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
I think it may be Mexican, but I could not find a match. Maybe German? I really don't know.

hallmark.jpg


The letters around the spur looking thing on the left are:

"E" on top
"B" in the spur
"S" beneath

This mark is on a silver tankard.

It is not my piece, thus the poorer pictures and lack of pictures of the entire thing.

Thanks for your help.
Kevo
 
If Mexican, the incuse mark "970" was a favorite standard of Antonio Pineda.
Most work from about 1950 onwards is stamped 'Sterling' or with the incuse "925" stamp.
 
Upvote 0
That's definitely NOT Pineda but could be of that era (though I doubt it). The mark almost looks too "machined" to be Mexico. I would have to see a better picture to be totally convinced that that's silver.. You can see Pineda's distinctive hallmark here in my shop on this pair of cufflinks:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/71530746/antonio-pineda-sterling-cufflinks

There's a good book on Google books here that may help you:

http://books.google.com/books?id=4n...&resnum=1&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom