What's new

Help with Toy Car

tinkb

Full Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Salem Ohio
Found this tonight at a 1920s place about 5-6 down under tree roots. Curious if anyone knows anything about it. Figured maybe a 60s? No other marking other then Lotus JPS-11. Thanks for any help, this is about the 4-5th old car I found here and one was a pink Tootsie Hot Rod.
 

Attachments

  • ToyCarTop1.webp
    ToyCarTop1.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 244
  • ToyCarSide.webp
    ToyCarSide.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 238
  • ToyCarBottom1.webp
    ToyCarBottom1.webp
    35 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for the fast reply. Thats it I think, now to find an age on it.
 
Upvote 0
The John Player Special, or JPS (from the John Player & Sons tobacco company) was the sponser for team Lotus from 1968 on up through the 70s and 80s, so most likely that would make your toy car in that era. No earlier than 1968. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Player_Special

The only thing I can't figure out is the Lotus 11 was from back in the 50s, and JPS didn't start sponsering Lotus until the late 60s. :icon_scratch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Lotus
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. Must have worn out in the ground, but I spot no paint at all on this or the others I have seen. Maybe they used cheap paint, but I have never found a car that at least paint wasn't on. Even rusted threw, there always seems to be paint somewhere. Strange something about this car.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • toy car lotus kinder.webp
    toy car lotus kinder.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 187
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
lol i lost a ton of those things when i was a kid they sold for either a nickel or a dime each and came in blue, silver, red, black and yellow (years 68 to 70)

cheaper than the 50 cents for a hotwheel or johnny lightning so thats what i got most of the time lmao
 
Upvote 0
Thanks beaks. man I played with a ton of cars as a kids back in the 50s and don't remember Kinders car. In the last 60s I played with the real things.....442s, chevells, cuba and Mach I. they came in nice colors too......Thnaks gang for the replies and help.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom