What's new

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treasureace14

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
386
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ace250
need help cleaning some us coins.any methods?
 
Try heating a bowl of Hydrogen Peroxide in the microwave, then place the coins in it until the "bubbles" stop. If not clean enuf for you, do it again.
 
I would not try to clean any coin that you thought was valuable. I clean all my non-valuable coins in a tumbler.

Levisdad,
Thanks for the tip. I have never tried the hot peroxide to clean coins.
 
theres just pennies and dimes and stuff.how long do i microwave for?
 
only heat the the peroxide in a throw away type dish -- leave the coins out till you bring it out of the microwave --then put them in -- by the way any metal item and microwaves don't mix -- figger you know this but I've found that it never hurts to remind folks of that fact --- Ivan
 
k thats ill post pics of how it works out.
 
Heat it up to just before boiling...time depends on how big a bowl and how much peroxide is in it. Trial and error worked for me.
 
Peroxide can make silver coins turn dull or grey colored. Careful! I only use peroxide with dug coppers. For dug nickels, I use salt and white vinegar. For silvers, hard running water and a gentle brushing with a camel's hair brush--that is, IF these coins are dug.

-Buckleboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom