What's new

heres a new one on me,

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
4,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here's a new one on me,

went to try to hunt the dog park area of city park yesterday and got run off by the groundskeeper. Said he didn't want me digging holes in the DOG PARK??? From where I was standing I could see literally DOZENS of holes dug by dogs! What kind of sense does that make? Dogs can dig holes in the park and it's ok, but I can't? Well i didn't say anything to him about my thoughts, and just went elsewhere. Then later while I was hunting another area by a soccer field that same guy drove right by me and didn't say a word..... :icon_scratch:

I did manage to find the area where it seems that they dump all the pop tops, bottle caps and can slaw from the entire city though. I think I'll avoid the park in the future and just stick to vacant lots and yards.
 
Re: here's a new one on me,

That really sucks that he kick you out. Maybe you can talk to the city about metal detecting in that dog park. Well good luck next time.
 
Re: here's a new one on me,

Hoze513 said:
That really sucks that he kick you out. Maybe you can talk to the city about metal detecting in that dog park. Well good luck next time.

Yea, and take pictures of where the dogs have been digging and ask what sense does this make when you would fill your holes.
 
Re: here's a new one on me,

This happend to me about a month ago,there's a park where I take my dog,the front part of the park is for soccer and has 20 fields and is all nice and groomed,the back part of the park is natural and has tall praie grass and has field cane and a creek running through it,well I took my MD out there to find my crown that fell out of my mouth(it cost me $250),I new about where it had fallen out,so I went out there and found it,above the ground.Well one of the park officials said he saw me digging and came out to me to give me a warning about digging and what ever I had found I couldn't keep.I told him that I only had my MD and didn't even have a shovel with me,so he asks me about all these other holes about 100 yards away from where we were standing,I said show me,so we walk over there and much to his surprise it turns out to be about 5 small size feral hogs.I decide to walk away ,because I new that momma had to be around there somewhere.When we got back to the parking lot and he realized that I didn't make those holes, but I still couldn't detect out there and that he wasn;t sure that it was really the pigs that made those holes. :icon_scratch:
 
Re: here's a new one on me,

I pointed out the holes the squirrels dug as compared to those of a learned detectorist to my local parks suprentendant and she said to go ahead and hunt. In your case it sounds like the hog was the one harassing you though. Monty
 
Re: here's a new one on me,

So I was back in the park today, and found out that to go into the dog area, you have to have a membership! I simply can't imagine paying the city to let my dog run around in the park.....especially when there are so many other parks with none of that nonsense.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom