What's new

Hermann, MO and Swiss, MO

nickcoin

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Hi all. I posted a couple of years ago and got great help and suggestions so I thought I would post again. Hermann and Swiss, MO are about 20 miles apart with Hermann being on the MO river. And yes, very flooded a couple of days ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618667.988477.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618857.234377.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618912.660842.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618959.355990.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619008.749397.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619064.595497.webp

ago. Anyway, the first arrowhead was found in a very large outcropping in a fire pit. No digging, just poking around with a stick. Can anyone give me insight to its age/type.

A few pieces were found at the same site. Tons of flint and more specific, mozarkite. The other bite were found over the years in our fields.

A few are questionable and may be imposters, but most of them, I feel, are genuine. Can anyone talk about the chips and the three converging lines? Are they natural cleaving lines? I think there is a core from the outcrop and a couple of scrapers?

I'm sorry if it's too many photos.

Any information on these artifacts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again. Scott

Thanks!ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618157.321246.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618273.918169.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618350.135942.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618458.485461.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618548.441307.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451618610.144257.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619189.260376.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619223.454152.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619289.023838.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619325.401504.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619384.447200.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619487.705861.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451619526.840510.webp
 
Upvote 0
You have some good finds, it does look like you have some spalls from the outcropping and maybe a hand axe. The point could be a Ricelobed point from the Archaic period of 9,500-8'500 B.P. That is some fine looking flint Thanks for posting.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom