Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've done the same throughout the year. Some of the same trucks in their original boxes. The grandson loves them, though he's broken some parts. The best thing about those trucks is how they carry cars and motorcycles, have working doors and ladders, lights and sirens.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megalodon hi thanks again for stopping and for the privilege of your time,,Yes indeed these are well built and the lights and sirens are so so cool,,I’ve had these for a long time and hope the Grandchildren will also treasure them. Take care

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman hi thanks for stopping these trucks bring back memories for me while back in elementary Catholic school.on my home one day at the red light was a oil tanker on fire,I could not believe this sight as I guickly yelled to the driver..He got out pulled the fire alarm and after the local paper took pictures and I received a nice letter and a check from the oil company,,Take care

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
controlfreq Hi thanks for stopping and for the privilege of your time. Yes these are so so cool and well made and I hope the Grandchildren will also enjoy The years just went by so quickly take care

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These trucks were remarkably well made. The plastic used was hard and the small pieces can be easily broken by kids who drive them hard. They do like the ramps in the back for loading unloading cars.

Many of these were originally shipped with batteries installed. Folks pulling them out of perfect condition boxes have been dismayed to find 30-40 year old leaking batteries.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa Hi thanks for stopping and for the privilege of your time,,Yes indeed I love to also turn the sirens and lights on these,Today I drove to my daughters house with some trucks so the Grandchildren will have them to enjoy,stay safe and wishing you good health wealth and happiness

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megalodon,,Hi thanks for stopping again,it’s really cool that we can still get these even though the H.stations are closed.yes indeed the kids love to push these hard often having them flying off a table,I hope this season brings you and yours much joy and stay safe because I think that you will find that elusive pot of gold soon...

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
My hubs is a truck driver and has been for 35 years. He's collected a few of the trucks from the company he works for (had to do it times 2 as that is what the daughters both wanted). So when we pass on they each have their own trucks for future grand children to play with. That is very cool on your trucks !! Thanks for sharing with us out here in cyberland !!!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cassews..thanks for stopping and for the privilege of your time,,Yes indeed it was so cool to try to get one every year but I missed out some years because they were sold out,Nevertheless the ones I got I still enjoy putting batteries in and starting them up,Try not to put them in the attic or in a cold environment as the tires will split and the white paint will turn a yellow color..I drove to my daughters house today and dropped these off and will bring another fleet to her house next week,,Wishing you and yours a joyous holiday season,,

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Grandchildren Hell? What about me? I’ll never be able to look at a tonka truck with a straight face. That is an all new brand to me. I would call them models instead of toys like the ones for sale at the JohnDeere store. The one I looked up on www had 75? lights. I have tried to gift a few toys over the years that made obnoxious sounds but these rigs sound real. I got on the mailing list just to find out how much they cost.?.
All I have is time BillB. When I get to use it on someone with your spirit, that gentile, caring and appreciative soul. It is the definition of how “it” flys past. It is what we all are looking for and need a lot more of.
Thank you for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat Wow !! Thank you ..first for your kind words very appreciate and for stopping and also for the privilege of your time..great to hear from you again and hope all is well..I try to be one of the good guys here and my wife always says to me remember that you will get more with honey than vinegar..yes indeed these trucks have brought me so so much joy thru the years with their sirens and lights and perhaps I’ll keep one and will give the balance to my Grandchildren..I wish you and yours best of heath wealth and happiness my friend...Bill

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RustyGold. Hi thank you so so much for stopping here and always for the privilege of your time..Yes indeed these trucks are the best I love to always pick one put batteries in and power it up enjoying the lights and sirens Yes very magical..speaking of magic we all have heard about the great Harry Houdini and how he would say show me a trick three times and I will be able to replicate it..well check out Dai Vernon a magician from Canada on how he fooled him..All the best and please keep in touch...Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions