Siegfried Schlagrule
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
HEY BOOMER - WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE RAILROAD RIGHT OF WAY & HOW IS IT MEASURED?
Is the size of the right of way standard throughout the US or does it vary from company to company? Is it measured from the center of the tracks outward or some other way? I have a project where the cache lies a certain distance from the railroad and I need to know whether to get permission from the railroad or the local property owner? Thanks so much. ss
Is the size of the right of way standard throughout the US or does it vary from company to company? Is it measured from the center of the tracks outward or some other way? I have a project where the cache lies a certain distance from the railroad and I need to know whether to get permission from the railroad or the local property owner? Thanks so much. ss
Was a case here in East Tenn.a few years ago that a home owner ran workers off his land with a shotgun.Turned out the RR leased out the right of way to the phone and gas co's to run lines.They took over his back yard.Not only was he arested over the shotgun but lost his court battle to stop any action on the co's part.Hard to fight the big fish.






