Hey, check the gemstones forum for Dell update

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I couldnt find it. I looked under Rocks/Gems, but didnt see it. Where is it?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Got it. Thanks.

Shawmen

Sep 7, 2010
Tango Charlie

And ONE MORE THING...how is it that LSMorgan and SWR (ONE of whom is not even a charter member), can stir up enough CRAP that Dell is reassigned to this thread??????????????

I pay my dues to help support this gig as it is really the only viable place I've found on the net for us TH'ers to swim around...that being said, if the Powers That Be need a few more dead Presidents for Dell to post unaccosted, then by all means PM me and I will be MORE THEN HAPPY to pay his membership for a few years in advance!!!!

b

OP
OP
S

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
OK.....maybe a bad idea...Dell doesn't know me from Adam Mike
Never the less....check out the ongoing conversation on Gemstones...its good, ifn you can find it.....))))))))))(*&^%$

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Shawmen said:
:'( TOTAL FRIGGIN BULLLSHIIIIIT....LSMorgan and SWR, hope ya'll are happy now...emeralds were from a damned SHIPWRECK, not a farm in the middle of Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Politics running rampant again!!!! Thought we left that behind after the purchase.................. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

:help: I can hear Shore Patrol coming now...probably back to the brig like before... :help:

Dowsing Believers: Rational people....

MyLuckyDay

Dec 27, 2010
SHARK said:
Please everyone.

My purpose and intent for posting the Emerald photo, was to call attention to the possibility of a shipwreck, or shipwrecks just to the South of Douglas Beach, in hopes that a 1715 Salvor might take an interest in exploring that area?

Actually, your intent was successful.

I will be doing a land / beach survey of that area this weekend. While I'm a skeptic of any method I've yet to witness, your initial post has me excited to check the area out....

.... Even though there won't be too many hot chicks on those remote beaches.

MyLuckyDay

Dec 27, 2010
SHARK said:
Sorry, I was not clear. I was referring to offshore water exploration for a Shipwreck.

According to my beach survey, (and there is always the possibility that I am wrong) there is literally thousands of pounds of Gold, Silver, Emerald, and Bronze cannon, salvaged from shipwrecks buried at this location. I estimate the sand depth at 22 to 28 feet.

It is unlikely you will find any Treasure shallow enough to be detected with a metal detector. The property you have to go through to get to the beach at this location is private, and gated. You will need permission.

Douglas Beach, just to the North is public. Some nice Treasure has been found here after a storm. I wish you lots of luck. Searching for Treasure is fun, but it's not easy finding it. Dell

I'm a good digger, Dell!

22 to 28 ft! Wowza.

I'm hoping the rocks, in the shallows, have some good stuff in them.

And yes, I do believe there are additional wrecks in this area.

If you ever go out, and want to demonstrate your methods, I'm open to witnessing it. Let me know.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Someone really got their panties in a wad. All the categories and all the posts on this website, and someone has to be hypercritical about Dell. Then we're threatened with expulsion for essentially mentioning his name. I don't know the man, never met him, never bought anything from him, don't know his politics, but did learn stuff from his posts. Yea, learned stuff..and now, poof, disappeared.

Well, I, for one, don't like it. Dell appears to work the same section of the coast that I do, and I find his information valuable. However, since this is a private website, apparently the exchange of information is subject to the WHIMS of some spineless moderator. Yea, I tried to read the diatribe posted before the thread was locked, but couldn't muddle through it. sounded like a pathetic attempt to justify something unnecessary.

Just my opinion. Take it, leave it (I dare ya), erase it, cancel it.

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
Well after all the hoopla Dell may be allowed on TN. I emailed him and asked him to try posting.

Tim

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
billinstuart said:
Someone really got their panties in a wad. All the categories and all the posts on this website, and someone has to be hypercritical about Dell. Then we're threatened with expulsion for essentially mentioning his name. I don't know the man, never met him, never bought anything from him, don't know his politics, but did learn stuff from his posts. Yea, learned stuff..and now, poof, disappeared.

Well, I, for one, don't like it. Dell appears to work the same section of the coast that I do, and I find his information valuable. However, since this is a private website, apparently the exchange of information is subject to the WHIMS of some spineless moderator. Yea, I tried to read the diatribe posted before the thread was locked, but couldn't muddle through it. sounded like a pathetic attempt to justify something unnecessary.

Just my opinion. Take it, leave it (I dare ya), erase it, cancel it.

[mod]No one was threatened. The thread was filled with insults and off topic bickering. Further, the complaints expressed on that thread were being received by PMs, posts made that were on topic, I tried to leave. More posts may go if I decide to go back in there. Folks haven't gotten what they want so the complaints continue.

Real simple. Stay on topic and be civil to one another.

And speaking of keeping it civil. Spineless moderator? Go do some treasure hunting while you are on vacation from here.

edit to add:
"Self righteous mod", "Baby in diapers". Just got the message, thanks for passing along the info guys. :wink: But, folks usually do drag it to other sites.

Yeah, its a really bad thing bill. Clean up a thread fill with members insulting one another and tell everyone to post within guidelines. Take the arguments off the board!

And since I'm back in here. Those of you with multiple accounts, each voting to ban or keep another member, your actions are obvious.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread