Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I haven’t been on here in a while I’ve been taking care of personal problems but I did have a chance to finally test out the new F2 program. And I’m totally impressed I did less digging and I found more than I expected at a spot that I thought was totally gone. I got a piece of lead with a Ford made in the USA , a pistol bullet shot round ball and two flat buttons, nothing special, but these fell in to the 14-15 range that on the old program it easily could’ve been trash since it was bouncing all over and with the new program they were solid hits and sure enough they were flat button so I’m very pleased. I appreciate y’all looking at my humble fines and I can’t wait to get back out there at my better permissions. IMG_3592.jpg IMG_3591.jpg

Upvote 13

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bin holding off but after reading your post its done now....Thanks Truth!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bin holding off but after reading your post its done now....Thanks Truth!!

Hey Toecutter it’s a real game changer for me with iron the old program sometimes had iron sound sweet with the F2 program there’s no doubt it’s iron so it helps you dig less get it done. And with the old program I would’ve dug a 14 because it would’ve been 13 1415 trash but with the flat buttons it it was solid and a dog on and I’m happy I did I wish you good luck out there buddy

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit a couple cellar holes last weekend pretty much skunked out, wasn't skunked because of lack signals that's for sure, Im gonna go back and see what happens...:icon_shaking2:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted this one place 4 years. Hard. Went back Sunday and pulled out a lot of good stuff. Your post is typical and accurate of most sites, we just miss a lot, weather makes a lot of difference, moisture content, temperature, all kinds of stuff. Even groundhogs move things!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have hunted this one place 4 years. Hard. Went back Sunday and pulled out a lot of good stuff. Your post of typical of most sites, we just miss a lot, weather makes a lot of difference, moisture content, temperature, all kinds of stuff. Even groundhogs move things!

Hey Smokey know on this new program I personally saw a big difference on what I wouldn’t have dug than what I did because of it being so solid. The equinoxes main flaw was make an iron sound good and say a flat button being bouncy for me I’ll take any edge I can get.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have that problem. Dug about 18 CW eagle buttons this last two weeks or so from a camp all the other detectorists gave up on years ago.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good Truth. Glad you made some nice finds with the new program.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the insight. :icon_thumleft:
I have an AT Pro but I love to hear what results folks are having with other brand detectors.

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have a 800. How do you set up the F2 Program? Also where do you find out about these programs?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have a 800. How do you set up the F2 Program? Also where do you find out about these programs?

Its not a program, its a new Iron Bias setting that was part of the last software upgrade.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on this new program I personally saw a big difference on what I wouldn’t have dug than what I did because of it being so solid. The equinoxes main flaw was make an iron sound good and say a flat button being bouncy for me I’ll take any edge I can get.

I didnt see an obvious change in sounds or responses after switching to the F2 setting, but in looking back now, I can see that I'm not digging near as much iron. I wasnt digging a lot before, but there were bottlecaps and nails, etc. Those targets have taken a definite drop.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am more sure that I am about to dig iron but I do it anyway to make sure that it isn't iron on top of something else. I still dig trash, some very good sounding hits on pull tabs that I just knew were a nickel. it does give you more options on how to hunt a site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions