Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I used the QXT a the beach before I got the DFX. It did just fine. It has taken a long time to learn the DFX, but I am a techno idiot. I did much better with the QXT right off. You're gonna like it. I really like the DFX but I still need to spend more time experimenting with it & different coils. When I get out hunting, I have a hard time taking time out to play with the machine. I hope to have unlimited time very soon. With either machine, the number & quality of finds will increase with practice of machine use & the quality of places you choose to hunt. I am limited to where I can go locally. I have to travel to get to better sites & I don't often have the time currently. No real population around here to reload the parks much.

Being in business for yourself is very time demanding if you want to be successful. I always feel like I have to be in a rush to get back to the business & it really takes away from machine training time. I have a small test garden at home & I carry a 1915 quarter eagle in my pocket in an air tight plastic holder. I stop once in a while & check VDI #s & tones to help me stay mindful of "gold tones". It helps for jewlery. I haven't found a gold coin YET.

There have been times when I think I am in a good spot & not getting good results that I think of getting out the QXT. I don't usually carry both machines locally due to theft considerations, but I take both when I travel to hunt.

Good luck with the QXT. It is a fine machine & I expect that you will do well with it right from the get go. Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread