Hey there. Old guy from Western NC ,near Asheville.

OP
OP
Batea

Batea

Greenie
Jan 31, 2023
Weaverville, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett
That's great to hear! It sounds like you have a lot of experience with metal detecting and gold panning, and a passion for exploring the history of the area.

If you're interested in ghost towns, you may want to research and explore abandoned mining sites in the area. These areas may contain artifacts and relics from the past that you could potentially find with your metal detector.
Heading up to the cabin today in Edgemont. I am having my 1960,s homemade septic tank pumped. That was a trip finding it in the ground with an iron probe rod. I was glad it was concrete rather than two 50 gallon barrels buried in the ground. I have not found anything cool in the yard lately. Mostly shell casings and pop tops and r/r spikes. Some of the family is coming up for Easter and will have to do Spring cleaning before they arrive. I hope you have a nice Easter and thanks for the thread.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a very fine forum :)

OP
OP
Batea

Batea

Greenie
Jan 31, 2023
Weaverville, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Welcome to a very fine forum :)
Thanks. Went to the cabin Wednesday. Got a septic tank found. Rained until Sunday. All was figured out. Took grandson metal detecting. We found pieces of old wood stove and a river rock with iron in it? We got old American Standard toleit replaced after being campers with a shovel and paper roll in the woods. Life is good now in the 21 century.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread