Hi From Kokomo, In

ORPHEUS

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2011
Kokomo Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
I just wanted to say HI to everyone out there because I'm new to this website and also new to metal detecting. I have been trying to do some research at my local library on where possible sites to detect at but right now it is July and a lot of places besides the local parks are off limits because the fields are full of corn and soybeans this time of the year. I guess the best time to go metal detecting would be the spring and fall here in Kokomo, In. The only idea I have so far was researching at the library for old maps back as far as 1920's to see where houses use to be that are now fields in hopes of finding something. Kokomo has been here since 1844 but the only maps of Howard co. were the 1920's. I have been also doing research on the internet and have not found anything really exciting yet. I did find out about a town called Quick Town that is now not there it is just north of Frankton, In on road 550 w and the town was on the east side of that road in a cornfield. If anyone has any other ideas I could explore around here right now that would be awesome I would really appreciate any ideas anyone has to offer.

OP
OP
ORPHEUS

ORPHEUS

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2011
Kokomo Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Hey I know I'm a newbie but it just hit me after watching this video below.

video of a guys stuff he found in one year kind of cool makes me want to go out and hunt again!

Anyway the new idea would be churches! in the yards! We have a lot of churches here in my county! Mine is Shiloh it is out in the country with a huge backyard! All I have to do now is just make sure it's ok with the other members but to me being a newbie and thinking of new places this is a great idea to start. :hello2:

OP
OP
ORPHEUS

ORPHEUS

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2011
Kokomo Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
My wife shot me down today on the church idea. She said that there are some older ladies that would not allow me to dig holes in the yard. Oh well Ill have to go back to research mode again tonight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread