Hi from Ky-- tips?

mdNashland

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2011
Hi! I'm new to Mding... I'm from Ky and have a Whites Prism III that I'm really not sure what to do with LOL!
I only got to use it last summer for a few times and found a couple of coins that were around the 70's and up, and a pitted rock that made my detector go off. I guess I just don't know how to use it yet. I don't understand what or how to use discrimination or sensitivity. And the depth meter would say something like 4 in. I would dig and nothing would be there some times, at other times I had to dig well over that 4in. mark. And I had to dig a hole as big around as the coil. I need to figure out how to pinpoint better, I just thought that the strongest signal came from the middle of the coil and I'd dig down as far as the depth meter said... but that's not always the case LOL!
Do you all have any tips on what I should do to make the most of my finds? Should I even use discrimiation and sensitivity? I always chose not to pick up the nail symbol b/c I thought it wouldn't find anything good... was I wrong? Thanks so much in advance for any help and hello's :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome53 (3).jpg

Attachments