What's new

Hi Ho Silver!

KyDigNQueen

Sr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
353
Reaction score
884
Golden Thread
0
Location
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought a roll of dimes today just to look into this coin rolling hunting I have read about. The very first dime out of it was a 1960! I sure hope this means my silver streak is building. I can't believe I have found my first 2 Silver coins in 2 days in a row. Haha! 20161004_204055.webp20161004_144811.webp
 
Upvote 26
That is one way to find them. Nice and shiny also
 
That is one way to find them. Nice and shiny also
Very shiny. I was shocked at the luster on it. Looks like it's hardly ever been circulated.
 
When it's mid January, -40 degrees outside, I sometimes grab a few rolls of dimes or nickels and try my luck at CRHing...and I've never found squat! Lol...but just like detecting , the fun is in the journey, not the destination..great score! ...ddf
 
When it's mid January, -40 degrees outside, I sometimes grab a few rolls of dimes or nickels and try my luck at CRHing...and I've never found squat! Lol...but just like detecting , the fun is in the journey, not the destination..great score! ...ddf

Thanks, DDF. I hate cold weather and once the ground gets hard I will probably try CRH every once in awhile and switch my focus to bow hunting for a few months :)
 
Try half dollars ask for the customer wrapped rolls also buy what is in the teller trays 1970 to 1965 40% 1964 back 90% silver you can do pretty good on those you will mostly find 40%ers.Quarters are almost non existent but dimes are good also.Just so small, my eyes like the bigger stuff and if you can find Ike dollars you never know you could get lucky.
 
Two silvers, two days in a row. You're on a roll, (no pun intended ),
Congratulations and play the Lottery.
 
Nice find KDQ. Coin roll hunting is one way to get the job done.
 
Awayyyyy...... Congrats and HH
 
Two silvers, two days in a row. You're on a roll, (no pun intended ),
Congratulations and play the Lottery.

Thanka, ATW. I actually thought maybe I should go buy a ticket. Haha!
 
Try half dollars ask for the customer wrapped rolls also buy what is in the teller trays 1970 to 1965 40% 1964 back 90% silver you can do pretty good on those you will mostly find 40%ers.Quarters are almost non existent but dimes are good also.Just so small, my eyes like the bigger stuff and if you can find Ike dollars you never know you could get lucky.

Great advice, Botb. Thanks! I bought a few rolls of dimes, nickels, pennies and quarters. But after reading and researching I realized half dollars have a better average of success. I am going to try just half dollars next. I also would love to find some IH or wheat pennies. Since they are cheap and you get a lot to sort through for a small investment, I will probably continue to get a few rolls here and there. I am currently looking at all the coins for any errors and DDO's.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom