What's new

Second ever silver - 1916 merc

Guadalcanal

Full Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
111
Reaction score
122
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern California/Beijing
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
(A gift from Hosensack)
Fisher F2
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my second silver coin, another mercury dime, in a raised planter bed just across from another where I found the last dime. The park goes back to the 1940s but despite many days and hours of searching, I’ve found few older coins

When I saw 1916 my hopes got a little higher, but unsurprisingly it is not a Denver mint coin. Still ecstatic to have found my oldest coin yet and second silver.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4573.webp
    IMG_4573.webp
    603.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_4574.webp
    IMG_4574.webp
    613.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4571.webp
    IMG_4571.webp
    407.9 KB · Views: 69
Upvote 26
Congrats on your second silver. I have found 5 - 1916 Mercs, but none of them have that magical D mint mark.
 
Second 1916 Merc found in the last few days. Someone find a 16-D!!
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the silver!
 
Second 1916 Merc found in the last few days. Someone find a 16-D!!
The 16-D has to be out there. I found a 1848 Seated Quarter last weekend and posted it here Saturday. There were only 146,000 of those minted. If I can find one of these I should be able to find a 16-D Merc. 🤪
 
The 16-D has to be out there. I found a 1848 Seated Quarter last weekend and posted it here Saturday. There were only 146,000 of those minted. If I can find one of these I should be able to find a 16-D Merc. 🤪
Only 245,000 1916-Ds. You’d think they would have been released into only one area of the country. Somewhere there’s an area where they are concentrated.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom