What's new

Hi peeps

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
5,322
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m trying to help out someone who found this on the Thames River foreshore. All the terminology for these old buttons is much the same but I’ve not seen the lettering as shown here. Thanks!


C424212F-6AB8-4C70-B093-A764010585D0.webp
 
My guess would be a two holed underwear button, that particular brand doesn’t ring a bell. Nice save!!
 
Upvote 0
That 2-hole brass shirt/underwear button's backmark is written in Old English Script, including lower-case letters. The latter feature is extremely unusual. The backmark says "Improved Patent".
 
Upvote 0
That’s what I thought about the lettering, really weird looking and I can’t find “improved patent” in the places where I usually research. With the Thames being the origin of the find who knows? Thanks anyway.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom