What's new

Hiding Amongst the Pulltabs!

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got fooled more than once today but still managed to get a couple wheat pennies and this little bit of gold! I almost didn't dig the ring signal because it rang up in the bottle top range on my DFX. I guess it pays to dig the iffy signals. The engraving inside the band reads "14keartcarved" but the K looks like it is overlayed with an h.
The wheats are 1952D and 1953D. I saw something else at this site today that was disheartening. There was a "For Sale" sign erected on the corner announcing a new shopping center. Looks like our hunting days here are numbered.
 

Attachments

  • 2 25 2016 finds 1.webp
    2 25 2016 finds 1.webp
    106.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 2 25 2016 finds back.webp
    2 25 2016 finds back.webp
    115.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 2 25 2016 ring 1.webp
    2 25 2016 ring 1.webp
    265.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 2 25 2016 ring 2.webp
    2 25 2016 ring 2.webp
    96.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 2 25 2016 ring 3.webp
    2 25 2016 ring 3.webp
    123.9 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 50
Nice bottle top!
 
I got fooled again! I have been informed that the ring is electroplated! And, I was going to brag about finding it using a 12" coil on my DFX. Oh well, the new detector will have to wait a couple more years!
 
Congratualtions on the gold ring!

I always dig the iffy signals, many times a nice find is waiting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom