High Stubble

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Rarely for me I had a few hours early on a Sunday morning today. The field I searched was a barley stubble field, for some reason the stubble was very high. This meant just searching in the tracks made by the combine harvester. I did manage a few finds though, these were.
metal pigeon ring, dated 1965.
Medieval Jeton, badly bent.
Double looped Medieval buckle.
And best of all a very nice Roman 3rd Century plate brooch, with most of it's enamel intact.
The brooch is a welcome addition to my collection.
HH Robert.

Attachments

• vp 010.jpg
    vp 010.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 503
Upvote 0
:headbang:

Ohh ....that's a beauty Rob :notworthy: is the pin there :dontknow: mine was of a small bird not a pidgeon :laughing9:

SS

Silver Searcher said:
:headbang:

Ohh ....that's a beauty Rob :notworthy: is the pin there :dontknow: mine was of a small bird not a pidgeon :laughing9:

SS
No pin Colin as usual, looks liked it was tinned very black.

diggerfororo said:
Super brooch, hard to find in one piece AND with the enamel goodin

Les
In great condition, for 17/18 centuries old, wonder what they looked like new.

Beautiful Rob :icon_thumleft:

Must have made your day, it would mine.

Nice one Rob :icon_thumleft:. I love the brooch :laughing7:.

hammered

Strange, that they cut it high, its better feed than Wheat straw & they are trying to cut low due to the lack of Hay which has been needed this Summer instead of Winter stock :icon_scratch: Must have been in a rush.

Anyway, that is a cracking Brooch, must be the 'week of the Enamelled Brooch' :headbang:

CRUSADER said:
Strange, that they cut it high, its better feed than Wheat straw & they are trying to cut low due to the lack of Hay which has been needed this Summer instead of Winter stock :icon_scratch: Must have been in a rush.

Anyway, that is a cracking Brooch, must be the 'week of the Enamelled Brooch' :headbang:
Hope there's some more weeks like it Cru :icon_thumright:

robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:

Hope there's some more weeks like it Cru :icon_thumright:

Forgot to state the obivious but the circle lobs are the first to come off & both yours & Dads have the full set :icon_thumright:

Good finds and that brooch really stands out. Good for your collection or anyone else's here I'd imagine.

Love that brooch :tongue3: You, guys, are so d%rn lucky in an ol' country of yours.
But the bird ring is a winner :wink:. Poor pigeon.

Nice Brooch Buckle ... congrats ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back