Relic Hunting

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the concrete with the spikes be some sort of anchor or foundation to an old building or some other structure? Maybe posts or something were pounded onto the spikes? Have they determined the size and depth?

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the email I thought this was carved stone, maybe will have to take another look or missed it when reading the info.

I don't know, but I'd found a German helmet photo that had a top part which looked just like the spikes with raised up area on the stone slab. It was a marshy type soil where the slab is located between 2 out of place cypress trees. We didn't really figure out for sure what it could have been used for, only our speculation about it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a quote, it does say stone...

"And, something I cannot even begin to describe. Its still in the ground but looks like a
stone slab with what can only be described as (for lack of a better way to describe it)
the points of 2 german helmets at each end that rise up about 6 inches from the slab.
thought i had the picture saved on my computer, but cannot find it now.
"

OP
OP
Red_desert

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard from the museum board lately, but the "arkie" on the board quietly registered here on T-Net without making a single post.......wouldn't expect them to leave any feedback on a treasure hunting site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread