History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Hello Jeff, good to meet you.

I am wondering about the blue rectangle though. The "G" is obviously carved into the stone while the rectangle looks as if it is not carved in. Like somebody "knifed" some rtv sealant on there, maybe to highlight it?

What say you?

Could be Blue Chalk to Highlight it

I looked for a bit on the first known and dated example of the "G" used as a masonic symbol and came up with written accounts dating to the 1400's. I have yet to find a pic of a true known and dated example. Maybe somebody out there can find one? I thought that Rosslyn Chapel had one but couldn't find it. The Knights Templar were pretty much known to be in the area in the mid to late 1300's according to the Kensington Runestone.

im enjoying the show it's better reality than most the other reality shows. I like bearing sea gold too along with the metal detecting shows. I'm a treasure guy at heart and love watching people who are like minded.

I'm enjoying the show, and while the treasure aspect of it is interesting, my main interest is in the mystery of it and the possibility of something being found that's historical in nature. I think I'd classify the show as a documentary rather than a reality show.

I looked for a bit on the first known and dated example of the "G" used as a masonic symbol and came up with written accounts dating to the 1400's. I have yet to find a pic of a true known and dated example. Maybe somebody out there can find one? I thought that Rosslyn Chapel had one but couldn't find it. The Knights Templar were pretty much known to be in the area in the mid to late 1300's according to the Kensington Runestone.

If the Kensington Runestone is in fact as old as is claimed (and I'm hardly alone in my opinion that it's probably not, but I'll admit that the case is not completely closed), it only proves that Swedes and Norwegians were in the area. Where do you get Templars from that?

Here is a photo that shows some of the oak trees that used to be there - two in particular on a point before Smith's Cove.

View attachment 945158

They are in an interesting location, particularly if one buys into the idea that Smith's Cove has a manmade beach on it.

I'm intrigued by the picture of the oak trees on Oak Island. I live on the west coast of the U.S. in an area where there's a lot of oak trees. The oak trees on Oak Island look nothing like the oak trees here. Our oak trees are huge and known to live about 500 years. Here's a picture:

liveoak.jpg

As for the stone with the letter "G", I culled this from the internet:

Another clearly Masonic stone is a granite boulder found near the Cave-in Pit in 1967. Overturned by a bulldozer it bore on its underside the letter “G” in a rectangle (what Masons term an oblong square). G denotes the Grand Geometer of the Universe-God, the central focus of Masonic teachings-and is “the most public and familiar of all symbols in Freemasonry," observes Mark Finnan (1997, 152). He continues: “The presence of this symbol on Oak Island and its location in the east, seen as the source of light in Masonic teachings, is further indication that individuals with a fundamental knowledge of Freemasonry were likely involved.”

Myself, like FinderKeeper believes, is that all evidence points toward the Knights Templar and the Free Masons. They were very smart and very religious. Pirates, when burying their treasure, intend to go back and retrieve it. The design of the pit suggests that whatever is down there wasn't meant to be dug back up for a really long time.

While FinderKeeper suggests that the treasure has been removed or was never there to begin with, I for one believe there is something still down there just waiting to be found, wether it be in the swamp or the pit.

I find it interesting that the boulder with the letter G on it was only found when a bulldozer turned it over and the letter was found on the underside. That boulder may have been there for centuries and only discovered when it was turned over. It may have been a marker left by whoever created the money pit.

Hi Dave... you mentioned...

If the Kensington Runestone is in fact as old as is claimed (and I'm hardly alone in my opinion that it's probably not, but I'll admit that the case is not completely closed), it only proves that Swedes and Norwegians were in the area. Where do you get Templars from that?

Reading up on the Kensington Runestone, it was indeed double dated, once with a regular date and again with the easter table, and both matched: 1362

The reason the easter table was used was to keep others from trying to change the date.

As for the connection to the Knights Templars, the Kensington Runestone has something inscribed on it that only exists in one other place. A "hooked X". The other place: Rosslyn Chapel of Henry Sinclair in Scotland.

That is the tie-in to the Knights Templar.

Are all the other sink/hole slash money pits on the mainland also holding vast amounts of Knights Templar treasure?

These sink hole depressions are very prevalent in the region.

Is it thought that the "KT" would just dump the Holly Grail or the temple treasure into the ground and then put planks on top of it and then repeat the process with dirt while boring out into a man made harbor with the sea water and ground water pouring in?

Have the carvings on the stones been dated to earlier than the last couple of centuries?

Are there any artifacts from the 1500's that have been recovered besides coconut fiber?

Have any of the reportedly old artifacts been examined by anyone not invested in the Island?

Has their been any documents recovered indicating treasure in the area of Oak Island from the time period of said treasure burial , and I dont mean the William Shakespeare play.

Why was the 500 year old flagstone not saved stating there was millions below?

What became of the supposed gold links?

Why is there another set of booty trap tunnels running into a different bay?

If a person digs a deep hole on an island isnt it likely that they would encounter water?

I have done some research over the years and the whole pit area has been excavated down to depth and nothing was found including the supposed flood tunnels. This was done in the 60's when they dug up the whole area with heavy machinery.

Is there some kind of magic thats happening where people forget that it was already excavated?

These are just some questions that need a little clearing up for me.

Hi Dave... you mentioned...

Reading up on the Kensington Runestone, it was indeed double dated, once with a regular date and again with the easter table, and both matched: 1362

The reason the easter table was used was to keep others from trying to change the date.

As for the connection to the Knights Templars, the Kensington Runestone has something inscribed on it that only exists in one other place. A "hooked X". The other place: Rosslyn Chapel of Henry Sinclair in Scotland.

That is the tie-in to the Knights Templar.

The date on the stone is only significant if someone thinks that the stone is real. I don't. There are issues with the runes used, issues with the pentimal numbering...issues with everything, basically.

Ah, the hooked X. You've been reading Wolter, haven't you? I'd get a second opinion before I put too much stock in that theory. Here's one place to start: http://www.richardnielsen.org//PDFs/ESOP%20v27%20p139%20Review%20of%20Wolter%20Book%205pp.pdf (That's a pretty good site in general actually for anyone interested in the KSR.)

I find it fascinating that one legend can bring together so many theories that absolutely do not fit with (and often contradict) one another, and people struggle to make them all fit together anyway. It makes the conspiracy theorists look sane.

Awe, heck...here's one more. (Not that many on this thread will be interested, but the information is out there if anyone wants it.)

http://www.richardnielsen.org//PDFs/V3033%20HookedX%20Website.pdf

The two big similarities between the writings of Brown and those of Wolter are Templars and fiction; unfortunately, they see a far wider audience than more scholarly works do.

Thank you Dave, I certainly will look at those links. I find the story captivating. I definitely go into things with an open mind. I also do not force others to come to my way of thinking. I just put out a lil info and others can come to their own conclusions.

I do appreciate it, I want to learn more and with those links I'm sure I will find more on this mystery.

Thank you again :)
Mikey

I still don't believe the temple treasure is real.
& if I'm Wrong & it is, it is in India.
But either way, There is no Hocus Pocus involved.

maybe it was from alien visitors,
maybe from an advanced Civilization Long gone Thousands/Millions of years ago,
but either way, under India or Fantasy

Not on a Little island in the middle of Many little Islands :happysmiley:

Untitled.jpg

Prove me wrong :laughing7:

Last edited:
Mikey, Rosslyn Chapel was built by Henry Sinclair's grandson, a good 50 years after his death.

Very nice to meet you Smithbrown.

Yes, the chapel was built by Henry Sinclair's grandson, but still does not take away from the idea that Henry Sinclair, Rosslyn Chapel and the Kensington Runestone share a connection to the Templars. These coincidences should merita much closer look. This is why I agreed to take a gander at Dave's links. I believe in checking even remote possibilities that history could be wrong.

A few people here that don't believe have said that they hope they are wrong but logic points them into the direction that the Oak Island mystery is a myth. I am not here to prove anybody is wrong, but I am here to learn the truth.

I am open to the possibility that I could be wrong, or what I have learned is just bunk, but for myself, I want to exhaust every avenue. The mark of a good investigator weighs all the facts and comes to his or her own conclusion.

OK , I been getting a lot of emails on how I would scan the Oak Island swamp with out draining it :icon_scratch:. Its easy if you do it during the winter. Remove the snow from the frozen ice with a plow, then use Ground Radar, this is the best method. Radar works great through frozen ice. Now during the summer there is another way to locate metal objects under the swamp but Ground Radar will locate metal , stone tunnels and other things of historical intrest.

Last edited:
OK , I been getting a lot of emails on how I would scan the Oak Island swamp with out draining it :icon_scratch:. Its easy if you do it during the winter. Remove the snow from the frozen ice with a plow, then use Ground Radar, this is the best method. Radar works great through frozen ice. Now during the summer there is another way to locate metal objects under the swamp but Ground Radar will locate metal , stone tunnels and other things of historical intrest.

Hello FinderKeeper... it is truly an honor to meet you.

As you know, I have referenced your posts here a few times without getting your permission. Please accept my apologies for doing so without speaking to you. I do not believe I have created any problems but if I have, I truly am sorry.

That said and out of the way, I have read your ideas on the Knights Templar theroy you have and although I disagree with a few points, your basic theroy is a very good one. I do believe that there is something there to be looked into and the romantic that I am, I think there is something in that area. Being that you are "on site" I am hoping with your knowledge you can come away with definite proof that the Knights Templar were actually there. This will be a hard one to prove though. a lot does rest on your shoulders and although I envy you being there, I don't envy the fact you could be wrong... that would place a number of us in that category.

Have faith. Many naysayers here on this forum have said that they hope they are wrong and would like to believe your notion, in many parts to be true. That is NOT to say your hypothesis is wrong, but it is to say you offer a different opinion. As we ALL go thru our different ideas, hopefully everyone will respect each other and go thru the trials and tribulations of a decent investigation.

Sure, we all have different ideas, but what is a forum? It is to test new ideas and new concepts as to come to a truth. We don't ACTUALLY know the complete truth, but we can bounce different situations off each other to come to an agreement on different ideas, facts and opinions.

I, for one am looking at the links Dave provided as I am writing this. some things in the PDF's are very interesting, but not wholly a complete "anti-Oak Island" idea. Some things need to be questioned. But, I say BUT, everything can come together if we put our minds to it.

Oh, and by the way to everybody here, if you come off as someone forcing me to accept your theroy, you won't be responded to. An open mind means accepting new ideas. Some answers are not out there at this time and giving ideas represents people who have differing opinions. Yeah, we all know about "opinions" and the old saying, but some are not out of the realm of possibility.

To ALL: Keep prospecting and have fun!!!

Now, to your point FinderKeeper... I know up there on Oak Island, it is winter and thanks to Global Warming (haha) it is truly frozen up there. As a novice myself, do you think it is possible to get some good ideas thru the ice? It makes for a terrible dig, but maybe the ground radar could give an idea? At least things won't move around as much as if there was a cavern with water sloshing around?

Edited to say I am the novice... I worded it wrong. please accept my apologies

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back