hit 2 sites today

coiny

Jan 3, 2010
Houston, TX
This morning I went to a city park near my work for about 45 minutes. Here is what I found there.
site1.JPG

That was not the main place I wanted to hunt so I headed to my main spot of the day which was a few blocks away. I stopped by the store to buy some water and check the two Coin Star machines they have but there was nothing.

So, after a short rest I started in on site number 2 which happens to be the school that I teach at (guess what subject I teach!). It is a middle school built around 1955. I have had some luck there before (silver rings and clad) but today I was trying a new location on campus, the courtyard where there are some old oak trees.

I was really hoping to find some silver coins. I found more pennies from the 1960s than I have ever before(10) so I felt like I was getting close and that at any minute I would be rewarded with a silver quarter or a rosie. It didn't happen for me today though. However, I found a decent amount of clad. The digging was pretty easy too. I am tired though because I dug so many holes. I only found 1 coin per hole-no pocket spills-so you can see from the pictures that I did a little work.

I mentioned in one of my last posts the the number 1 thing I find most is clad dimes. Today, I think I broke my record for those. I also found a few bits of copper, brass, and aluminum that I will toss in my scrap metal bucket. And, I found a bicycle kick stand, which was a first for me. My total in clad is $7.63.
site2a.JPG
site2b.JPG
site2c.JPG

I had a good time and I will be hitting my schoolyard again. It is nice to have a place that I can MD right after work without having to go anywhere.

So, later today or tomorrow I have a vacant lot to try that is in an older part of the city. Wish me luck on that hunt. Good luck on your quest!

Upvote 3

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Job!!.......did you use your BH-Tkr4 or the Whites classic for these finds?.......My last 3 hunts I have been using both my BH3300 and Whites CM-Pro,......and depending on the type of location, ie...age, trash, ground minerals, school, park, house, etc......will determine which machine I use the majority of that day.....AND my hunts have been more productive. I think a lot of hunters do the same on here. It is nice to have a couple of back-up machines.....and some can be bought used very reasonable.

HH....and Good Luck on the vacant lot.

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

coiny

Jan 3, 2010
Houston, TX
Thanks everyone!

I am using the White's classic III with the Blue Max coil. I agree about having a back up so, I have the Bounty Hunter also. It's been a while since I used it since I almost exclusively use the White's. It is a great machine. The BH is awesome too. I was just thinking that I need to take it out to some of the spots that I have already hit with the White's, just to see.

I am thinking about buying a White's DFX. What do y'all think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread