What's new

Hit My Mark

tank014

Full Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
Well I hit the mark I set for myself for the number of dimes I wanted to find this year. The magic number was 365 or 1 dime per day of the year. I hit my mark on Monday and as of yesterday the total is at 372. My new goal is 365 rosies straight up. As of now from my totals are 18 mercs 8 Canadians and the rest are rosies. I do have to say that the last month or so has been fairly frustrating because I have been finding full boxes of 2010 dimes all the time and when I don't find those they are boxes that have three quarters of the box full of new 2008 dimes.
As for my half totals I am sitting somewhere between 800 to 900 but the totals for the last 4 months have been miserable. I think I've only found about 200 to 250 silver halfs since the middle of June. Like I say though, this is a game of patience and persistence and I know that things will get better as I am an optimist.
GL and HH everyone,
Frank
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on reaching your dime goal :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I think that is a fun way to crh by setting up these type of goals. I should do the same next year. Maybe try to get a roll of quarters,etc.
HH
Rich
 
Congratulations!

That's actually my goal too! I'm at 360......five to go :thumbsup: My original goal was 150 ("three stacks of high society"), but I was having too much fun to quit.

I agree on the 2010 dimes.....I've been seeing A LOT of those too.

HH,
cuttybce
 
All I can say is wow! :notworthy: I've been doing dimes since about July and found 35 or so. I'm still trying to find out which is better... halves, or dimes??

I guess both. ;D

I'm still gonna have to hit my goal of getting a silver Washington before 2011...
 
Congratulations!!! :hello2: I think that is a great idea to set goals for this maddening hobby of ours!!! :laughing7: I haven't created any goals for myself yet as I am fairly new to this hobby (4 months) but it sounds like I should. I really like dimes and they are so much easier to search and carry than halves - I already started a weekly order for dimes in addition to my halves and can't wait!!!

Here is to your continued success!!! :occasion14:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Hand rolled dimes are where it's at. That's the only place you'll find a solid roll that will send your stats to the stratosphere!

OWS
 
I just passed 400 for the year this evening. I was gonna quit when I finally found the '49P for my folder but went ahead and did another weekend of them last weekend, got more than enough to keep ME hooked, one box gave up 16 Mercs and 16 Roos- got over 60 silver dimes total. Right now I'm at 110 for the month. HH all, Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom